FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Is there a maintaining point after the 10 points requirement

ronartos
Is there a maintaining point after the initial 10 points requirements? and how much?
Bondings
Yes, if you have a hosting account you need to keep your points positive and 1 point is deducted each day.

By the way, if you get your points over 45, the remainder is converted into coins, which can be used to purchase a free domain and other things.
ChrisCh
Just on the issue of requiring positive points Bondings - I just wanted to let you know that the emails that warn of a low points balance no longer seem to be working (for me anyway - they don't appear in my spam folders either)... Occasionally, I get quite busy in real-life, and posting can slip my mind for a week or two. Previously, the emails (I believe one was at -5, the other at -10) were a great reminder that I needed to spend some time on the forums, but when my points dropped recently (due to starting back at uni), the system didn't send any emails)... I know that it's my responsibility to keep my points positive, and that there is no obligation to have the system send any reminder emails etc etc, but just thought you should know in case they had accidentally been deactivated with the server crash (not sure which server the forums are on). Smile
lifeplaysu420
how many post u need to earn 1 point ?
Bondings
lifeplaysu420 wrote:

You can earn up to 5 points per post, depending on the length.
lifeplaysu420
Bondings wrote:
lifeplaysu420 wrote:

You can earn up to 5 points per post, depending on the length.

ok thank you much Smile !!!
surekha1976
Friend really after reaching 45 points it is converted into coins. Thanks for giving this information because I am a new user and I dont know very well about this site.
johans
after getting 10pts. what is the next step. its really confusing because i dont know what is the next step here? Frihost admin will email me that i am ready to put my site? can somebody give me ideas on it? thanks. Very Happy
johans
i need to add on my comment/post. what domain i can use here? is it .com, net ? someone give me idea please.

Thanks again.
truespeed
johans wrote:
after getting 10pts. what is the next step. its really confusing because i dont know what is the next step here? Frihost admin will email me that i am ready to put my site? can somebody give me ideas on it? thanks. Very Happy

Go to your account page and request hosting. If the admins decide you have posted enough quality posts on the forums they will accept your request and issue you with your subdomain and hosting.

Quote:
i need to add on my comment/post. what domain i can use here? is it .com, net ? someone give me idea please.

When you earn 350 coins you can request a domain in your account page,.com/,net/,org what ever you decide.
johans
that's hard. how can i accelerate that? any other way to make it more faster? have you made 350 points? how many days?
truespeed
You have enough points to request hosting already,its coins that take time to collect,they are what you need to get a top level domain,the only way you can get one quicker is by winning one in a frihost competition but as these are few and far between i think it would probably be quicker to accumulate them by posting.
johans
What do you mean by winning one in a frihost competition? i want to know more this compitation, can you please tell me more about this competition? thanks.
truespeed
All relevant links are at the top of the page,including competitions. There hasn't been one for a while though,the original intent was to have one monthly,but due to the lack of participants they seem to have dried up,i think the last one was around April time.
johans
this is cool. count me in. i am willing to join this competition.
ocalhoun
You should now also be able to get coins by referring other people here.

The easiest and surest way to get coins is just to post a lot though. Once your points get above 45, any more you earn will get converted into coins (once per day). So, once you get your points up to a high level, it becomes pretty easy to earn coins.
johans
What if i will put a link on frihost on my site? does frihost consider this kind of technique? can i gain points if will put a link frihost on my site?
truespeed
^^

There is a unique referral link in your account page ,if you link that to your site you can earn coins.details of how can be seen here.
johans
okay.... already posted on my ym and twitter account the URL. really want that 350 points...
rajpk
johans wrote:
What if i will put a link on frihost on my site? does frihost consider this kind of technique? can i gain points if will put a link frihost on my site?

Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question

no its just to promote frihost not for gaining points (as in my knowledge)
but you can refer your friends to frihost that will give you points Smile referral link will be in your control panel
hope to see you here
thanks
playhouse
Great info, i will keep my points up then by posting