FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Anyone know any anime from Europe?

ronartos
Anyone here know any anime created in Europe? Not the mainstream releases from Japan or China or US?
kacsababa
Anything which released by China, US or Europe is not anime. Anime is japanese.
Ofcourse there are good animations created in any other country, and there can be many which copies the anime trends to be popular.

I think in Europe it's not that prevalent with the animation studios to get up on the animanga bandwagon, so I can't really say titles, which would be "anime like".
ato784
kacsababa wrote:
Anything which released by China, US or Europe is not anime. Anime is japanese.
Ofcourse there are good animations created in any other country, and there can be many which copies the anime trends to be popular.

I think in Europe it's not that prevalent with the animation studios to get up on the animanga bandwagon, so I can't really say titles, which would be "anime like".

well... what you say is both correct and incorrect. according to America along with several other countries Anime is strictly from japan, but in japan itself Anime is any animation in that particular style.
inuyasha
ato784 wrote:

well... what you say is both correct and incorrect. according to America along with several other countries Anime is strictly from japan, but in japan itself Anime is any animation in that particular style.

Yeah. I can't agree more. Anime is not アニメ. Japanese introduced this word from English and the created Japanese word is introduced into English again....
kacsababa
And the word in Japan doesn't only describes their own animation or the animation with the "japanese animation style" but any animation. But that was an english sentence in a mostly english forum, so I assumed the meaning that way.

But we are overtalking this after all this time.

Nobody knows any european animation which resembles "japanese animation"? Smile
Although I guess ronartos is not gonna see it if somebody does anyway. Smile