FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Ever had a Christmas card from an inanimate object?





wellerchap
You have now!
This is my Lambretta (I think maybe it's more me that thinks he's human, than him!! Rolling Eyes )
Happy Christmas, Frihosters!
[/img]
watersoul
Lol, brilliant pic! Merry Christmas back wellerchap...and Stripey George! Laughing
Ankhanu
And now I know what a Lambretta is Wink
That's a pretty great card. Hope you enjoy your holiday.
standready
Better bring that Lambretta in and place it by the fire to warm up!
deanhills
I'm sure George is glad you did not hang some Xmas trimmings round him. Cool photo! Very Happy
wellerchap
He's out there, in the shed.....it's been so cold recently I've had to ride without the front brake, as the cable froze solid! Shocked
deanhills
wellerchap wrote:
He's out there, in the shed.....it's been so cold recently I've had to ride without the front brake, as the cable froze solid! Shocked
How do you get it to start when it is cold like that, and do you need special tires for the snow?
wellerchap
Being a 2-stroke, and mildly tuned, it's prone to seizing up, so I run it pretty rich (less air in the fuel mix than a standard engine) so I never even need a choke to start it....just 2 or 3 kicks with my sturdy right leg & then a few revs 'til it's warmed up.
I don't have snow tyres - on the one or two days where the roads really are snowey I tend to ride slowly with my feet out/down on bends...I always allow following cars plenty of chance to pass so as not to add pressure to myself.

It's raining outside my office now in Leeds, so I'm going to be a bit wet no doubt by the time I get home.....my waterproofs are no longer totally efficient, I'm afraid Rolling Eyes
deanhills
wellerchap wrote:
It's raining outside my office now in Leeds, so I'm going to be a bit wet no doubt by the time I get home.....my waterproofs are no longer totally efficient, I'm afraid Rolling Eyes
Well, at least we have passed the Winter Solstice month so it can only get better from now on forwards .... Smile
watersoul
deanhills wrote:
wellerchap wrote:
It's raining outside my office now in Leeds, so I'm going to be a bit wet no doubt by the time I get home.....my waterproofs are no longer totally efficient, I'm afraid Rolling Eyes
Well, at least we have passed the Winter Solstice month so it can only get better from now on forwards .... Smile


Anyone from Leeds doesn't care Dean, hard as nails up t'north, they've still got T-shirts on in November so it's gotta be pretty bad to drag the waterproofs out! Lol

...it's us south-coast softies who stay at home when it's below 10C and light drizzle! Laughing
wellerchap
watersoul wrote:
deanhills wrote:
wellerchap wrote:
It's raining outside my office now in Leeds, so I'm going to be a bit wet no doubt by the time I get home.....my waterproofs are no longer totally efficient, I'm afraid Rolling Eyes
Well, at least we have passed the Winter Solstice month so it can only get better from now on forwards .... Smile


Anyone from Leeds doesn't care Dean, hard as nails up t'north, they've still got T-shirts on in November so it's gotta be pretty bad to drag the waterproofs out! Lol

...it's us south-coast softies who stay at home when it's below 10C and light drizzle! Laughing


BLIMEY!!
He read my mind!! Very Happy
deanhills
wellerchap wrote:
watersoul wrote:
deanhills wrote:
wellerchap wrote:
It's raining outside my office now in Leeds, so I'm going to be a bit wet no doubt by the time I get home.....my waterproofs are no longer totally efficient, I'm afraid Rolling Eyes
Well, at least we have passed the Winter Solstice month so it can only get better from now on forwards .... Smile


Anyone from Leeds doesn't care Dean, hard as nails up t'north, they've still got T-shirts on in November so it's gotta be pretty bad to drag the waterproofs out! Lol

...it's us south-coast softies who stay at home when it's below 10C and light drizzle! Laughing


BLIMEY!!
He read my mind!! Very Happy
Looks as though you are quite an expert on George's mind too .... ? Very Happy
Ankhanu
Man, I wish that weather got better after the solstice... here it declines until March Razz. Coldest weather is yet to come!
deanhills
Ankhanu wrote:
Man, I wish that weather got better after the solstice... here it declines until March Razz. Coldest weather is yet to come!
I remember when I was living in Calgary, Alberta, that the worst part was that one knows that spring is supposed to be coming, but it just doesn't want to come. Just when one thinks that was the last bit of snow and cold, another one tackles the city and the winter continues into April. The same with Vancouver, BC. Vancouver rarely gets snow, but the winter weather could be worse than in Calgary from the point of view that Vancouver can go months in the winter without any sunshine and piddly drizzling rain ALL of the time. I seem to recall the last I was there, that I would open up McNally's Road Atlas in March/April and try and picture myself on the road in New Mexico. I'm almost certain this must be the time of the year in both the US and Canada for making important decisions to move to warmer States? Very Happy
wellerchap
After a recent milder spell (about 1 week, where all snow/ice melted & temps got up towards double figures for the first time in months) it's chilly again now...possibility of a bit of snow around.
If based on the last few year's weather patterns we're still due some severe weather, even now.
Such fun!
watersoul
wellerchap wrote:
it's chilly again now...possibility of a bit of snow around.


Sun and blue skies here fella. Shorts & T-shirt again today but trainers still on though...not quite warm enough to get the flip-flops back out yet Laughing

It's nice to have the windows and doors of the house open for some fresh air, without spending a fortune on gas for the heating. I'm always amazed at the different temp's/weather we get around this little island though.

...hope you've got some thermals for George!
deanhills
I'm amazed that people should be wishing for the change in season in January! I seem to recall two years ago when I visited Gatwick and Guernsey at the end of January, beginning of February that there was a snow blizzard. It was all over England and Europe. I thought flip-flops would only come out about April? Very Happy

Where I am in the Middle East (UAE) it is flip-flop weather year through. Although you won't believe it. Locals seem to think that anything below 25 degrees Celsius is brrrrr ..... cold. They are walking around with thick coats on. For me it is perfect Goldilocks weather right now. Not too hot, nor too cold.
Nyizsa
I get happy birthday emails from the University's server, if that counts. Smile
cadbrent
That's funny.
wellerchap
watersoul wrote:
wellerchap wrote:
it's chilly again now...possibility of a bit of snow around.


Sun and blue skies here fella. Shorts & T-shirt again today but trainers still on though...not quite warm enough to get the flip-flops back out yet Laughing

It's nice to have the windows and doors of the house open for some fresh air, without spending a fortune on gas for the heating. I'm always amazed at the different temp's/weather we get around this little island though.

...hope you've got some thermals for George!


Clear, and damning evidence, if ever it needed re-iterating, there's a norf-sarf divide in England!
Still, we have things up here you never get.
Impetigo, rickets, hand-knitted balaclava's and Dickie Bird.
So there.
watersoul
wellerchap wrote:
Clear, and damning evidence, if ever it needed re-iterating, there's a norf-sarf divide in England!
Still, we have things up here you never get.
Impetigo, rickets, hand-knitted balaclava's and Dickie Bird.
So there.


Actually did just laugh out loud then and got weird looks from the girls in the office! Laughing

...and my Mam knitted me a balaclava when I was about 10, but Dickie Bird though, what a legend, got to agree there.
wellerchap
My Dad used to run the youth teams at Darfield Cricket Club where I used to play....Dickie knew him a bit through there and came to my Dad's furniture shop to buy some stuff for his study at home....chatted cricket for an hour to him (this was manna from heaven for me, as a 16 year old lad, big into the game). The upshot though, was that in the loveliest of ways, he was as mad as a box of frogs....very very scatty.
To typify my point, whwn he'd done he jumped in his Mk2 Escort outside (parked all that time on yellows!), did a 7-point-turn, and drove off the wrong way down the one-way street in the middle of Leeds!
Sadly I was cricketing on the evening my brother delivered the desk & leather chair, but he was given the guided tour of all the trophies, awards, souvenir stumps/bats/balls etc from different matches he had umpired.
That's one I'd have loved to have been at.
watersoul
wellerchap wrote:
My Dad used to run the youth teams at Darfield Cricket Club where I used to play....Dickie knew him a bit through there and came to my Dad's furniture shop to buy some stuff for his study at home....chatted cricket for an hour to him (this was manna from heaven for me, as a 16 year old lad, big into the game). The upshot though, was that in the loveliest of ways, he was as mad as a box of frogs....very very scatty.
To typify my point, whwn he'd done he jumped in his Mk2 Escort outside (parked all that time on yellows!), did a 7-point-turn, and drove off the wrong way down the one-way street in the middle of Leeds!
Sadly I was cricketing on the evening my brother delivered the desk & leather chair, but he was given the guided tour of all the trophies, awards, souvenir stumps/bats/balls etc from different matches he had umpired.
That's one I'd have loved to have been at.


Excellent story about Dickie, I bet you were well jealous of your brother!

...and the Mk2 Escort made me chuckle, haven't seen one of those in a long long time, wasn't an RS2000 was it?! Laughing
emanuel2
If spam servers count as inanimate object than i think every one with e-mail accounts get such Christmas cards Smile
wellerchap
watersoul wrote:

Excellent story about Dickie, I bet you were well jealous of your brother!

...and the Mk2 Escort made me chuckle, haven't seen one of those in a long long time, wasn't an RS2000 was it?! Laughing


No, certainly not....deffo a "basic" model.....he's from Barnsley, tha knows!
Related topics
look at this
Love is Love
Teen's Mannequin Love-In - Charged for Sex with Dummy
best Xmas present received
ARE VIDEO GAMES BAD FOR OUR CHILDREN??
9 weeks....
What do you to calm down?
Christmas Ideas
Scott Breaths Life Into Frihost: 2 Effed Up News Stories!
What does the word Geek mean to you?
Anonymous vs. Church of $cientology
Merry Christmas everyone in the "Transport" forum
Can the church make up its mind?
Symphonism. My religion-in-progress.
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.