FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How to Set BIOS to Boot from CDROM:

saikot282
All modern Computer Systems manufactured in the last years, support boot from cd feature, but it may be required to configure this feature in bios or previous owner of your computer system may have disabled this feature or may have changed the boot priority sequence )

When you start your computer, check the boot-screen for setup key, In most newer pc it will be DELETE key, so make sure to check it.

This AmiBios Require you to press DEL key to enter setup

details are here
http://www.hiren.info/pages/bios-boot-cdrom
rayxzero
Mostly you only need to set First Boot -> CD-ROM to boot from the CD when PC starting to boot.
welshsteve
Don't most BIOS systems have CD as the default boot device? Or at least most factory manufactured / off-the-shelf PCs do anyway. Try putting a CD in your drive and watch the screen to see if it asks you to press any key to boot from CD.
rjraaz
CDROM already in my first boot preference of BIOS, even that we can get Boot Menu Option by pressing F8 during booting.

I am using intel original G32 motherboard
ms_j
LOL take out the batteries for a couple of minutes and BIOS will "forget"the changes. that is if "restore default"doesn't work. Smile
rayxzero
rjraaz wrote:
CDROM already in my first boot preference of BIOS, even that we can get Boot Menu Option by pressing F8 during booting.

Maybe because there is no bootable image on the CD you try to read.
rockpan
rayxzero wrote:
rjraaz wrote:

Maybe because there is no bootable image on the CD you try to read.

some bios provide the function that you can choose boot media every time when you press a special key during booting.
it is useful that you want boot from media other than hard disk temporarily.
metalfreek
Most BIOS by default have CD ROM as first boot device but if it doesn't boot from CD ROM than you have to change the BIOS setting.