FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The RAVE Diet

deanhills
Anyone heard of the RAVE Diet before? It is a different kind of diet. R.A.V.E. stands for:
•No Refined foods
•No Animal foods
•No Vegetable oils
•No Exceptions & Exercise

A guy by the name of Mike Anderson did some studies and came to the conclusion that the typical food pyramid that we are taught to eat from is causing more chronic diseases than ever before. And that too much of our resources are being used to farm livestock to cater for that pyramid. He has proven cases of those who reversed chronic and degenerative diseases by a change in diet focusing on plants only and no animal products. The YouTube show in two parts below gives more information on this:

menino
I think rave diet is quite good, and most people follow it anyways, based on the fact that canned goods are not supposed to be good for health.
A lot of foods these days are made out of vegetable oils, and are quite fattening as well.

Exercise is essential, but more than that is a proper diet, consisting of fresh fruits and vegetables, and sometimes lean meats like chicken and fish as well, so I dont agree to the "no animal meats", but if it works for people out there, who will not make the exeptions, then good for them.
deanhills
menino wrote:
Exercise is essential, but more than that is a proper diet, consisting of fresh fruits and vegetables, and sometimes lean meats like chicken and fish as well, so I dont agree to the "no animal meats", but if it works for people out there, who will not make the exeptions, then good for them.
I also don't agree on the "no meat" rule. I'm doing it right now but if I were in Canada for example I would see how I could get grass fed beef and free range chicken. The only reason why I don't have it now is a phase I'm going through of experimenting with different foods. I started with fasting in August and am working my way through the different foods. A good source of protein in moderate quantities is essential, and I think chicken has to be one of the best sources. Next week I'm going to try spirulina. I'm also experimenting with beans, something I never used to have, and how to cook them from scratch. The ones I really like so far are chick peas and black beans. Of the two black beans has the richest taste. I also think we need good quality fats. I like virgin coconut oil as it can withstand high temperature, is good for cooking and adds a nice taste to food. I also use olive oil.

I also wonder at all of the success stories sometimes, like Anderson mentioned in his show as maybe one would need to have at least 100 people do the same diet and see how they respond to plant food only. Our digestion systems and metabolisms differ so much from one another that no one person would respond the same to any given diet. Some may do great on a high protein diet, or maybe for only a while, other do great on plant food only, but also just for as long as it is OK, bottomline is probably to have as much of a variety as possible.