FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

New Website

medesignz
I basically want to make a micro site for an event that I hold weekly... (i am a band and event promoter)... do you have any design suggestions?
Ghost Rider103
Design suggestions as far as looks go, or software to use?

Considering you'll be updating it weekly, you'll probably want to use some sort of CMS, as it will make it much easier to update.

For visual design elements, it's hard to say without knowing anything about the band. Depending on the type of music, the theme should revolve around that.

Give us more details, the type of music the band plays, maybe even some samples of their work. Do you have a current design being worked on?

The more details, the more I can help you in figuring out how to make it look.
medesignz
Hey, thanks for your reply.

Its not for a band night, but more of a club night. Playing classic 90s hits and r'nb.

The fact is that the nights are only in their 3rd week, so its not like they've established themselves their own brand or design.

I dont know if I can post links, but here's a previous event on FB http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=180098238670916 (it includes the flyer design)
watersoul
medesignz wrote:
...but more of a club night. Playing classic 90s hits and r'nb

Urgh! Commercial R n B?!

OK, it may not be my genre but I have been involved in a similar scene recently, albeit techno/minimal/house. Facebook is your best bet, just have a basic 'holding page' with a list of dates/locations on your main domain website, plus a big link to the Fbook group/page.
It's the way of the world these days and most people wanting to have a mad one at your event will generally only be interested in the Fbook promotion...everything else is too much trouble typing a url!

The website of a 'club night' is less important (these days) than the social media which brings the crowds in. Concentrate on a strong Fbook presence and you will enjoy the success of people turning up.
medesignz
watersoul wrote:
The website of a 'club night' is less important (these days) than the social media which brings the crowds in. Concentrate on a strong Fbook presence and you will enjoy the success of people turning up.

I totally agree, but if for some reason something is to happen and FB becomes obsolete, then its forward thinking.

Getting eyes on a website to then redirect to the event FB would only play as an advantage.
adri
As it is for a night club, the design should be dark (as people associate night with black). If you want a small website, you could use jQuery idTabs to get everything organized but still on one small webpage.

adri
medesignz
Great! I want it to be a micro site, so I think all information on one page is a good idea.