FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Content Management System for Online Tutorials

Possum
Hi

My main project over the years has been to develop an application that makes tutorials. I have succeeded to a point with my application uDoPage that it can make my website. I now want to port my project from Delphi Pascal to an open source web application that enables 1000's of people to write on-line tutorials in minutes rather than hours.

I also want uDoPage to test users on what they know and link this to employers who input their requirements into uDoPage. That way students and employers are directly linked. Thus making the education system redundant

NOW THAT'S A PROJECT......
bukaida
Possum wrote:
Hi

My main project over the years has been to develop an application that makes tutorials.
I also want uDoPage to test users on what they know and link this to employers who input their requirements into uDoPage. That way students and employers are directly linked. Thus making the education system redundant

NOW THAT'S A PROJECT......

The online tutorials are here for quite sometimes. But it can never substitute the conventional education & training system. Thats why the distance education was never recognized equivalent to a regular degree.
Possum
Nothing is better than a good teacher. True,

I work in a place that is happy to teach you. The teachers are other workers. Best system yet..

But a good person who is a good teacher is worth Gold
kaankaan
it's not better than facebook Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Adiiforu
why do u have to create new cms. There is drupal, Joomla, nuke, etc. You wil have to search for good modules and you can have a system in abt a month.
jwellsy
Possum wrote:
That way students and employers are directly linked.

Can you expound on that? It sounds like you are talking about interns or probationary new hire employees maybe even trade school students, but not academic school students.
shinjiku
So how would you go about creating such system? Just thinking logically you will need to load in good amount of coding to check the user, and if I am not mistaking you are checking there pages so I would assume use of AJAX to match right and wrong terms of code used. Not something that could easily be made.