FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Design Contest - Would you Participate?

Would you participate in a design contest for coins?
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 9 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

Ghost Rider103
I'm thinking about starting up a design contest, and the winner would recieve x amount of coins.

But before I go through the work of setting one up, I would like to first see if anyone would even participate. The contests part of the forum has been dead. I was to help bring it back to life, but I can't do it alone.

You would need some sort of design experience to enter the contest, nothing major, but the more experience you have, the better chance you will have at winning.
watersoul
I'd definitely participate but only for the creative fun of it...not because I'd have any thoughts that I could win, my design skills are functional at best! Laughing
Ghost Rider103
That's great! I wouldn't expect everyone that enters to be a professional, but this would be a good learning experience for everyone.

I would really like to see at least 5 people to enter.
adri
I would probably enter the competition too but only if I have enough time (college > frihost). I'm not really that good in Photoshop but the internet is filled with good tutorials that create awesome effects and that you can use to make your design even more awesome Cool

adri
LittleBlackKitten
Well, I'm 2 months away from graduating my class, so I'm not YET a professional...Lol! I would LOVE to enter a design contest - anything I can use for a design portfolio for customers to see is epic!
watersoul
LittleBlackKitten wrote:
Well, I'm 2 months away from graduating my class, so I'm not YET a professional...Lol! I would LOVE to enter a design contest - anything I can use for a design portfolio for customers to see is epic!

Cool, we're nearly there with people numbers!
LBK, I've seen some of your stuff in previous posts and I reckon you'll wipe me to the floor as well but this design contest idea is pretty cool.
I reckon quite a few more will have a go if they know about it...there's a frustrated artist inside all of us!
Ghost Rider103
LittleBlackKitten wrote:

That's great, I wasn't aware that you were a design student.

I'm not sure if I'll enter the contest or not. I would of course exclude myself from winning, but I might enter just for the fun of it if I don't have anything better to do.
william
Depending on the depth of the contest, I would enter. The only problem I would have is time constraints, so if the task is very involving I may or may not have enough time to finish it. But count me in if you do create one.

Oh and also, I've been saying in order to get activity going down here again, we really do need need to make these contests featured discussions.
Ghost Rider103
Well I see we have 5 votes, one of them does include my vote though.

Only thing I'm afraid of is not everyone being able to see the contest, which is why I've been advertising it in my sig.

I might start up the contest tonight, so be on the look-out!
Ghost Rider103
Since the new essay competition has already been started, I think I'm going to wait to start this contest. I don't want people to not do one of the competitions because there is two.

So I'll start this one up in a week or two.

Any ideas on what it should be? I was thinking something to do with posters or something, like a movie poster.
deanhills
I'd also be interested to participate just for the fun of it. Perhaps a logo assignment may be a good idea as that seems to be the one item that there is a regular demand for in the Market Place.
adri
deanhills wrote:
I'd also be interested to participate just for the fun of it. Perhaps a logo assignment may be a good idea as that seems to be the one item that there is a regular demand for in the Market Place.

Or a Frihost logo assignment. Dancing (onthing official ofcourse)

adri
watersoul
adri wrote:
deanhills wrote:

Or a Frihost logo assignment. Dancing (onthing official ofcourse)

adri

Ooh, that's a good idea!
...mine will be pretty poor (for sure) compared to others, as I said before, but I'm well into the idea of having an attempt at it Smile
Ghost Rider103
I'd probably run it by Bondings before doing that, even if it was unofficial.
ms_j
I would like that! Even though I'm new here.