FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Error 105

sonam
I have two old computers. One have wireless connection on Internet, and another have cross linked lan cable plugged in first one. The lan network is working good but Internet drop from time to time, especially when I don't browsing or I write long post/mail. Chrome report error 'Error 105 (net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED): The server could not be found' but when I plug out cable and plug in again I can start browsing Internet. Both computers have XP Pro SP3 and I haven't idea what is wrong. Any idea is welcome.

Sonam
Bikerman
That sounds like you are losing the DNS.

a) Make sure the router is not set to drop the connection after a period.
b) Check if the router has settings for the domain name servers.
c) Check your network settings for the wireless adaptor and see if you are using a fixed IP address and domain name servers or whether you take the settings from the router via DHCP.
sonam
Bikerman wrote:
That sounds like you are losing the DNS.

a) Make sure the router is not set to drop the connection after a period.
b) Check if the router has settings for the domain name servers.
c) Check your network settings for the wireless adaptor and see if you are using a fixed IP address and domain name servers or whether you take the settings from the router via DHCP.

Thanks for you reply.
a) I haven't any router. The computers are cross linked with lan cable.
b) Same.
c) I think I don't understand this question. Network have static IP 192.168.0.1/192.168.0.207 (default gateway 192.168.0.1) assigned by DHCP, and Huawei is "Obtain an IP address automatically". The same is for DNS.

Sonam
FunDa
Do u have a BSNL EVDO card ?

Are you sure it is 192.168.0.1 not 192.168.1.1 ?

The connection must be being dropped after a some time interval of inactivity. If you can find the setting for that, maybe you can change it

Go to [url]192.168.0.1[/url] from your computer and use username and password both as admin

See if you can change any settings there.
sonam
Quote:
Do u have a BSNL EVDO card ?

No, how I know.
IP-s are OK. Connection on first computer is present all time. I can get Internet from first computer without any problem. The second computer (connected by LAN and Internet Gateway) loose connection after some time. If I connect computers separately with Wifi adapter I can surf without any problem. But I need Internet on bot at once. Rolling Eyes

Sonam
badai
few years back, i did exactly the same thing with 2 windows xp. the one that connect to the internet has it's ICS (internet connection sharing) for the modem turn on.

i don't have any any problem browsing, only p2p and im (like ym, icq) have intermittent connections. overall, windows ICS is quite good.

how exactly is your setup? you must use some kind of internet sharing on the first pc.
menino
Yes, Badai, I was just about to say the same thing. I had used ICS on a windows XP laptop and shared it with another local PC, and it was ok.

If you are using a usb mobile wireless (Huwaie), there is a chance that this will happen from time to time, and lose connectivity.
in the background, you can try and run this command, to keep connection
go to start, run
type "ping -t 192.168.0.1" {without the quotes} (assuming that this is the gateway ip) and keep ti runnin in the background.

Huwaie devices usually try to manage the packets to conserve the number of packet hits it gets, and is usually meant for one machine, so sometimes, it kind of drops packets, if there is no communication for some time.

Try it and let me know if it works.
sonam
@badai
I am doing ICS on an old, lazy method. First I am set "Small office network" on first computer and use "This computer is directly connected to the Internet...." where others are connected through this computer. Then I set "Small office network" on second computer and use second option "... residential gateway..." and that is all. I got it LAN and Internet without any problem. Internet connection sharing properties have all three options checked. In advanced options (Seting) all is unchecked.

@menino
"ping -t 192.168.0.1" is looking like working solution, but I didn't test on few hours. I will try it letter. Do you have any other idea about how to configure Huwaie for both computers.

Sonam