FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Steam Christmas Sales

LostOverThere
So! Steam Christmas sales are set to begin on the 20th of December this year. For those who aren't familiar with the sales, in previous years, everything, except the latest Call of Duty titles, goes on sale at least once throughout the week.

Discounts in the past have ranged from 10% through to 90% off.

So, what is everyone interested in picking up this year? I'm going to be gifting a whole heap of World of Goo to some friends who have yet to experience the magic, as well as pick up a few nice things for myself that I've missed out on in previous years (Bioshock and Mass Effect, for instance).
silverdown
I haven't been in STEAM ina while, Thanks for the heads up ill check it out!
weableandbob
Dead Rising 2 looks good, and I've been liking Defcon, although a sale on a $10 game isn't that much.
achowles
Oh man here we go again.

I bought things in the last Christmas sale that I still haven't played much yet and I know it's highly likely this sale will only add to that. So much backlog! So little time.
The-Nisk
I bought L4D2 the other day, only a fiver, bargain! Very Happy
gphoenix
I download most of em! Laughing
driftingfe3s
Just posting a tip I read somewhere: If the country you selected download speeds are slow, try selecting a different country.
gphoenix
Ok.. helpful.. Very Happy
william
There are so many games that I just haven't gotten around to playing including both Left 4 Deads, and I'm ashamed to admit, Bioshock and Mass Effect 2. Confused I have played the latter two, but never owned them. I'm really tempted right now to buy all of these, in addition to other games. Oh, has anyone played Blur before? As far as racing games go, I've most recently played Need for Speed: Shift, Dirt 2, and Burnout Paradise, so I'm wondering if Blur is a good addition.

Well, at the very least I should get Garry's Mod. Always wanted to mess around with it.
Futile
Steam is the devil. It is internet crack for both casual and hardcore gamer. You cannot pass up some of these deals, especially if you missed out on a game and now you can scoop it up in some cases at up to 80% off. It's madness I tell you, madness!
cadbrent
This holidays I picked up War Rock http://www.playspan.com/war-rock and searching for deals on its premium items. Surprised Which is a good place for such things...
LostOverThere
Huzzah for bargains! From this Christmas Sale (which, obviously, ended today) I managed to pick up:
    Beyond Good and Evil
    Bioshock
    Braid
    Grand Theft Auto IV: The Complete Edition
    The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom
    Resident Evil 5
    Super Meat Boy
So yeah, that's about a years worth of gaming ahead. What did everyone else pick up?
achowles
Well I bought the Paradox Complete pack for 30. I would list all the games here but I'd probably be done for spam. It's about 25 games and the same number of DLC.
LostOverThere
achowles wrote:
Well I bought the Paradox Complete pack for 30. I would list all the games here but I'd probably be done for spam. It's about 25 games and the same number of DLC.

Whoa, I must have missed that one. Sounds like a great deal.
achowles
[quote="LostOverThere"]
achowles wrote:
Whoa, I must have missed that one. Sounds like a great deal.

Unfortunately from what I can tell it was a pretty much UK only deal. Other regions were expected to pay around 150% what the UK was. Which is still a good deal. But it doesn't seem that way when you know someone's getting a much better deal simply because they were born on a different patch of dirt.