FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Instrument building?

Ankhanu
Hey folks.
I've been considering getting into electric solid/hollowbody stringed instrument building for quite a while now... particularly guitar, bass guitar and baritone guitar, but other strings too (and a few simple woodwinds too, but that's another topic). I have read a couple books on the subject, but have rather limited experience.

My main questions are:
.: What resources do you recommend for design templates (preferably full size templates)?
.: What are the best resources for electronics and hardware at decent quality, for a reasonable price.
.: What experience do you have in instrument design or construction? Show off some of your projects!!
gphoenix
Well i cant answer your questions just the right way.. but i build and sell guitars ..(Acoustic and electric..)

i use pickups used by Yamaha guitars or i make them.. PM me any questions..
Ankhanu
I look forward to tapping your knowledge when I actually start in on my efforts.

I've considered winding my own pickups too, but that'll probably be something for after I've gotten some experience with the overall production process. I'm happy to use fabricated pickups that I will know ahead of time how they should sound... for now Wink