FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Hair for Beards

yagnyavalkya
What is a good hair dye for beards?
Greatking
There are a variety of products on the market to dye a beard or moustache, but the procedures involved are often the same.

Some of the many popular men's hair coloring products include Just for Men, Grecian Formula and Grey Remover.

Most grey facial hair can be covered by using a beard and moustache dying kit.

The products can be found in any of the stores around you.
yagnyavalkya
Just for men seems good
deanhills
Why not stick with the grey. Sometimes looks really artificial when a beard is dyed. Chemicals are also not always good for the skin. It may not present a problem straightaway but could develop into one eventually.
Velius
Well if you would like a good hair treatment why not visit a dermatologist so that he can give you good advice and procedures in doing the treatment yourself
loyal
Pardon my ignorance, but how does a beard turn gray? I thought a gray hair has to grow new? Or do black hairs turn gray?

Peace.
Afaceinthematrix
loyal wrote:
Pardon my ignorance, but how does a beard turn gray? I thought a gray hair has to grow new? Or do black hairs turn gray?

Peace.

The beard will slowly turn gray (even if it is long and you don't shave it) because old hairs fall out and are replaced by new hairs - which may be gray. The same thing happens to hair on your head. You lose about 100 hairs a day. Hair is constantly falling out and then new hair grows in. That's why the hairs on your head (and in your beard) are never the same length. If you have short hair and no beard then you probably never notice it. I used to never notice it. But when I grew my hair out, I started finding it everywhere (bathroom, shower, computer desk, bed, clothes, etc.). Then I grew out my beard (which is about 8 inches long all around) and I started finding beard hairs all over the place. And if you look closely at my beard, you'll see that the vast majority are around 8 inches long but that sprinkled all over the place small short hairs which have replaced the dozen or so hairs that fall out each day. If I was going gray, those new hairs might be gray. That's why your hair appears to quit growing. The average life-span of any hair on your head (no clue about beard hair) is about six years. So your hair will only ever be as long as it gets in six years. Then, of course, there's conditioning and such which can help your hair live longer. So it might get a little longer but then if you stop taking care of it, it will get shorter because new hairs that grow in won't live as long.... I am dreading the day I go gray... I might have to dye it... People already think that I dye my beard because it's a mixture of red and black (and there is no red hair in my family... weird)...
watersoul
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
Then I grew out my beard (which is about 8 inches long all around)

Wow fella, that's a pretty impressive sounding man's beard!!

...mine goes max 2 weeks before it annoys me - and the gray hairs that are becoming more obvious with each year, they actually started when I was about 20 though, too many all night raves and parties probably!
yagnyavalkya
Why does the beard and mustache turn gray before the hair in the head
loyal
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
The average life-span of any hair on your head (no clue about beard hair) is about six years. So your hair will only ever be as long as it gets in six years. Then, of course, there's conditioning and such which can help your hair live longer. So it might get a little longer but then if you stop taking care of it, it will get shorter because new hairs that grow in won't live as long

That was a really helpful post thanks. What do you mean though that hair stops growing after six years? My hair has been growing on my head for all my life Razz