FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Gran turismo 5 one of the best car games ever made!

pll
Yeah I just bought it a week ago and I think this game is really special comparatively to other car games I don't know why this game has got something more.

I really like the races (and they even kept some circuits from the GT1 game) and the cars are really nice too!

I like the new way of gaming which you choose a driver and you need to give him some orders to win the race (and the drivers is getting stressed if you go too fast, and as the race progress he gets tired)

that's really special and I liked GT1 but GT6 is really better that's amazing!
Ankhanu
It had better be amazing... it's 3 years late Razz

I am looking forward to getting this. I dunno why, but the Gran Turismo franchise has been fantastic... I don't normally even care about racing games.
nezam
i think this nfs hp is a whole more fun..
ham65
it is a nice game,but still not realistic if you see a collision,the graphics are amazing.
rayxzero
What platform it can be play ?
Ankhanu
Gran Turismo is a Playstation franchise.
Alerrandre
gran turismo in my opinion is the most boring race game,it is realy realistic,but graphics is not everything in a game....
ham65
Gran turismo is a nice game,but i still think they should change something in Gran turismo 6,since the Gran turismo 1,nothing change,just the realistic graphics,and im sure graphic is not everything in a game.
QrafTee
ham65 wrote:
Gran turismo is a nice game,but i still think they should change something in Gran turismo 6,since the Gran turismo 1,nothing change,just the realistic graphics,and im sure graphic is not everything in a game.
Well that's the thing; Gran Turismo has always been more towards a racing simulation, not a racing game. People hammered it for it, but people also praise it for the same reason. It's a love/hate thing, but I'm not into racing games or simulations anyway (save for Mario Kart and Mod Nations Racing).
Ankhanu
Aye, because it's a simulation, it's one of the few racing games I like. I generally could care less about most racing games, as they depend on some sort of gimmick; once the gimmick loses appeal, the racing aspect is usually pretty lack lustre. Gran Turismo has solid racing, and that's it.

I picked up a copy on the 23rd and have put a couple hours into the game so far. It's exactly what one might expect Razz
toasterintheoven
oh man, this game is so insane, look at all the cars that are 20,000,000 crs and above, how many hours will that take? the best car I have right now is a TVR and I'm still lvl 12, crikey this game is going to sap my life!
eday2010
ham65 wrote:

That is one of the main complaint I have read in some of the reviews of the game. The graphics are wonderful, but it's basically the same game as the first four. Nothing has really changed except for the types of cars and the eye candy.
Ankhanu
Nothing has changed in the core game play; you race cars around tracks. Many of the tracks are models of real racing tracks around the world and have been used and reused in the various incarnations of the game. You buy/acquire cars and can upgrade them to make them better... This is all the same, but there are changes to the game play; they've introduced a driver and level/experience system. The B-Spec gaming has also been significantly retooled based on the level system. Car damage is also better in this game than in prior incarnations.

Gran Turismo seems to work on a refinement mode of releases; they don't really change the core of the game, rather make it more and more refined as system and programming capabilities increase.

Personally, I see this as a strength of the franchise. They don't go for gimicks, just solid game play and solid graphics.
ralf
Gran Turismo 5 has been a good graphics but the shade is made very bad, you can see the pixels
Ankhanu
I've heard the shading is a problem associated with older PS3s, and not a problem with newer ones. Mine's old, and more often than not, yeah, the shadows are messed up :/
amperx
alot complain that its just a racing game, what else would you expect? its a great game I for one really love the added features in gameplay, so its not really the same game as gt1 - 4, and did i mention i the graphics looks stunning Very Happy
vjeopro1
Embarassed Razz Sad
ateawonton
I wish I knew how to save up enough money to buy the really expensive cars