FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How to Log Onto PhpMyAdmin

Possum
Hi

I am beginning to see the value of recording passwords.

In the Frihost control panel (direct admin) when I select phpMyAdmin I get this Dialog box

I have no idea of what to put in here

If I select cancel I get this

Once again I don't know what to put here..

I really though I recorded the database username and password. Which I inputed. But still I could not log onto phpMyadmin for any of my databases.

Should I delete my databases and start again.

Thank you..
rickylau
First prompt is asking you the master password for software remembering your passwords (as I know you should be using FireFox), and the second one asks your user name for "frih.net", which should means your Frihost control panel user name and password, or any username / password combination you have created for database in control panel (if it is not your control panel account, you have to grant permission also before you can see the database in phpMyAdmin after log in as that account)
Possum
I use LastPass and haven't seen that firefox password dialog box in months. I should have known better..thx

Yes. The most important Username / Passwords Ive got are my FriHost ones. I did find them in LastPass. I mis mistakenly though it was asking for the Database username and password..

I really really must attend to my passwords. Thx IM in phpMyAdmin..

Smile
praveen
I try to log into php myadmin by typing in the url to the files (i.e. http://mydomainname.com/phpMyAdmin

But I get the following error message#1045 - Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO)

So why is my access denied? Do I need to configure something or do I need to contact my hosting service provider.