FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

an awful year.

obamacs
2010 is awful year for me @
i lost my money,my girl,and my passion,,
wish my lucky 2010

[Moderator - I tidied up the title (changed a to an).
Bikerman]
spinout
hm, your lingo is worse than mine Laughing what country are u from?

sometimes women also take your money...
Helios
That sucks man. I hope 2011 will be a good year for you dude.
Money, women... those come and go, but never lose your positive spirit and passion my friend!
Bluedoll
I agree, money comes and goes it is suppose to anyway. Perhaps you will meet someone new has been waiting for you, who knows. But passion, you can always hold onto passion. Maybe it is just lost?
deanhills
obamacs wrote:
wish my lucky 2010
I'm sorry about the passion, money and girl will most certainly happen again. Provided that you want it of course, which by the sounds of things you do. Smile
standready
Sorry to hear that. Really sucks! As others have money and girls come and go. When they return so will the passion. Best of luck in 2011.
ocalhoun
Take advantage of it as an opportunity to throw your old life away, and pursue what you've always wanted?

(Assuming you didn't just lose what you always wanted, of course...)
achowles
It's been a pretty sucky year for me too. Christmas won't be great either by the looks of things. Things might be better next year, but not for quite some time, I don't think.
mrjw
It maybe a good year Bonne chance.
wellerchap
I think the whole world's had a crappy year, generally.....let's hope for better to come in 2011
speeDemon
'Everything happens for a reason', the sooner you learn this... well, your situation may not improve, but you'll have an abstract reason to blame it at... Razz,

Anyway folks, let's look towards 2-011 to help all of us out of our miseries..!
missdixy
I'm not sure I buy into the whole 'everything happens for a reason' but hey, everything that happens, happens right? And that's that. I'm sorry your year was bad but you should try not to let it get you down man. Instead try to focus on how you can make your next year different, and on the lessons you've learned and on the good things that did happen!
iman
Don't worry, they're all pretty easy to lose anyway.
deanhills
iman wrote:
Don't worry, they're all pretty easy to lose anyway.
I like this sober minded approach .... Smile This applies to life as well I would imagine. One can loose one's life in a split second. Hence why it probably should be appreciated. However, regrettably human beings have been given this double-sided life experience of pleasure and pain. When one is in pain, it always feels as though it will never end, yet with pleasure it just seems to end too fast.
PGe-tips
seems you can use some support ... all the best for 2011
Flakky
2009 and 2010 sucked for me. I don't have high hopes for 2011 and 2012 either. I just want to finish my school and move to a different place.

So I am focused on the future. Maybe that will help you. Smile
Ghost900
Best of luck next year, sounds like it hasn't been the best year for you.

I am looking forward to 2011 to experience new things and meet new people. Just keep looking forward and try changing things if you aren't happy where your at.
spinout
Better be a GOOD 2011 BECAUSE:

The world will end in 2012 according to the movies aso... Laughing
LittleBlackKitten
"I once complained because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet."

Perhaps, obamacs, you should look at the lives of others to feel better.

Think of all the starving children in Africa, or perhaps people around you who have no home, a disease they can't cure, or someone with 4 kids who just lost her husband and house. There are some really terrible situations out there; find one worse than yours, and focus on what you DO have that other people do not. I myself will never have a real job ever again.
speeDemon
LittleBlackKitten wrote:
"I once complained because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet."

Perhaps, obamacs, you should look at the lives of others to feel better.

Think of all the starving children in Africa, or perhaps people around you who have no home, a disease they can't cure, or someone with 4 kids who just lost her husband and house. There are some really terrible situations out there; find one worse than yours, and focus on what you DO have that other people do not. I myself will never have a real job ever again.

I get the idea you're trying to give, but I don't think that realting one's problems with someone else's problems is going to make him feel better. Atmost, you can realise that there's no reason to be sad, but you can't possibly feel happy by seeing that others are sad..
deanhills
speeDemon wrote:
I get the idea you're trying to give, but I don't think that realting one's problems with someone else's problems is going to make him feel better.
Completely agreed. It may make him feel worse. As that discovery can only be made by him. I remember in old days when at time life had the appearance of not being the greatest to me, and someone would have said "be positive" or words to that effect! Sort of doubles the load. You now have depression, a guild trip that was laid on you and resentment. I did much better with a friend of mine who always said: "And this will also pass, it always does". And that was right on, it always passes. Unfortunately good times always come to an end too. Wonder whether anyone has had the experience of the good times lasting shorter, and bad times lasting longer? Guess that is a trick of the mind?
Navigator
“The risk of love is loss, and the price of loss is grief -
But the pain of grief
Is only a shadow
When compared with the pain
Of never risking love.”
Hilary Stanton Zunin
Insanity
There will always be better years. This just happened to be a bad one. Don't let that get you down too much, just try to do your best, improve yourself, and good things will come. Make some resolutions and keep them.
Cheeldash
It has been a bad year also for me. It's interesting to note that this is the year of the tiger in chinese astrology and is considered to be a year where when you do something it will go very good or very bad.
The next year is the year of the rabbit, in the year of the rabbit people complain about the year of the tiger.
2012 is the year of the dragon, considered to be a good year.
deanhills
Cheeldash wrote:
That is great to hear, because some people predict it will be the year when the world will be ending, specifically on 21 December 2012. I'd rather go for a year of the dragon. Smile
ocalhoun
deanhills wrote:
Cheeldash wrote:
That is great to hear, because some people predict it will be the year when the world will be ending,

Maybe that's what's so great about it?
Who knows... when the world suddenly ends, perhaps it will be replaced by something better.
deanhills
ocalhoun wrote:
Who knows... when the world suddenly ends, perhaps it will be replaced by something better.
Haven't thought about it that way ..... Think Great thought however, the world could probably do with some new beginnings .... or who knows, maybe it could be a change that we can't contemplate, it could supersede our comprehension or ability to observe.
Navigator
Happy new year everyone! this is supposedly the year of the awakening.
karrupin
obamacs wrote:
wish my lucky 2010

that goes the same for me! financial and boys issues tend to come at the same time, then i had problems in my work place, it was really disaster, and i was such an idiot to think that 2010 is going to be my year Mad
shadowozera
Screw you year 2011. Why did you have to let server 4 die. My work, my clients..everything is gone. I had everything on there. A years worth of work is was on there. Screw you year 2011
deanhills
shadowozera wrote:
Screw you year 2011. Why did you have to let server 4 die. My work, my clients..everything is gone. I had everything on there. A years worth of work is was on there. Screw you year 2011
Well at least there is a very good lesson to be learned for the New Year. To use the cPanel facility for making back-ups of your Website, and to store the back-up on your computer's hard disk as well as perhaps a flash disk.

I was caught like this once too. We have a Website with a very reliable host, but it was just one of those fluke things, exactly like with Frihost this time round. I had got to trust the Web host so much (I still do) that I had got lax in making back-ups and did all of my edits online. When the Website was lost, all I had on my hard disk was the initial design and layout, and thankfully also all of the photos and art work. But it was quite hard work to get it back in shape again. This reminds me, I should make a back-up of it again very soon.
dapopeyoh
2010 wasn't the best of years for me, but it wasn't so bad. I got a new girl, but didn't make much money. I wish 2011 will be a much better year.
shadowozera
i agree Dean, i learned a very good lesson from this. Maybe server four was destined to crash just for this purpose of teaching us all a good lesson. Dont trust Frihost..no jk jk Razz Frihost is the bomb for sure. The lesson i learned is what Dean said, make back-up when you deem fit. Store them on a hardrive or flash drive somewhere. Just have a back-up