FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Best Rap Lines

Dread Lord Chaos
Hey, I'm a big fan of rap and was wondering if anyone else here was too. I love those nasty punch lines and I'd like to see some of the ones you guys might have heard...whether it be in an actual song or freestyle.
nakamaru
Rap sucks.
Twikki
I agree it causes too much violence in the world
icugaming
Rap doesn't cause violence.

Drugs, however, do.

The only rap that I ever listen to is Public Enemy and Kayne West... which really, both are just hip-hop. They're the only artists in the business, the rest just rap.
S3nd K3ys
Concur. Rap is violent and basically sucks IMNSHO.

BUT.....

Quote:
When it comes to females
Cosmo and got nothin to do with my selection 36-24-36
Only if she’s 5’3”
Twikki
icugaming wrote:
Rap doesn't cause violence.

Drugs, however, do.

The only rap that I ever listen to is Public Enemy and Kayne West... which really, both are just hip-hop. They're the only artists in the business, the rest just rap.

well you obviously haven't heard of a chav have you?
icugaming
Wrong. Those are two different things... that's a competitive aspect of rap that's been around since before it went mainstream.

The actual production and enjoyment (if you can...) of rap is purely innocent.
JoeCool
I like to listen to rap, or Hip Hop from time to time. I probably listen to it the least, but I can refer a little.
I mainly listen to stuff like Eminem, Kanye, Twista, 2pac, Snoop, Baby Bash, 50 Cent. ect. You get the picture.
I am truly fascinated with Eminems lyrics. IMO they have the best meaning compared to other MC's. MAN, I think i will have to pull out some of my Hip Hop Albums now, talking about it has put me in the mood to listen. Anyway, not everyone on Frihost Hates Rap, as by the other post it may appear to be.
ammonkc
I don't think you can blame the problems of our society on any genre of music. To do so would just be a cop out. the roots of our violence problems go a lot deeper than that.
soilgrain
I agree, people all take different views on different music, it makes them feel differently. Rap calms me down. As does metal. The thing that gets me angry is gay rock like coldplay or avril lavinge.
icugaming
soilgrain wrote:
I agree, people all take different views on different music, it makes them feel differently. Rap calms me down. As does metal. The thing that gets me angry is gay rock like coldplay or avril lavinge.

Metal calms you down? Woah now, I find that a little odd. And how can you call Coldplay "Gay rock"? I mean- by no means do I like Coldplay, but I'm a fan of bands like Radiohead, Sigur Ros and other bands that might fit your slanted description. The whole musical aspect of that genre is a helluva lot better than metal.
tidruG
icugaming wrote:
Metal calms you down? Woah now, I find that a little odd.

Actually, metal/hard rock calms me down too... makes me feel sleepy. Though obviously, it has to be playing at a low volume. Higher volume playing of Metal/Hard Rock pumps me up, which is kind of like a "Duh" statement.

icugaming wrote:
The whole musical aspect of that genre is a helluva lot better than metal.

Helluva lot debatable. You won't see coldplay or avril lavigne playing lead guitar like Metallica, for instance. So, I can say that in this case musically, Metallica has a lot more to offer than Avril Lavigne or Coldplay. The thing is that they're just too very different genres, and cannot be compared.

However, I don't think Coldplay or Avril is "Gay Rock" either. Just because it's not macho doesn't mean it's gay. Very Happy
icugaming
tidruG wrote:

Helluva lot debatable. You won't see coldplay or avril lavigne playing lead guitar like Metallica, for instance. So, I can say that in this case musically, Metallica has a lot more to offer than Avril Lavigne or Coldplay. The thing is that they're just too very different genres, and cannot be compared.

Metal is all technical ability, not musicality. There are few dynamic and tambor changes, there is only speed and endurance, and that my friend, is not musical ability, just talent with your instrument.

Of course we won't see Coldplay ripping guitar- they're a pop band- and a mediocre one at that. But bands like Godspeed You Black Emperor, Broken Social Scene, Sigur Ros- I could name a bunch, strive to make music. They try out "simple" things, or simple as would seem to a metal aficionado, and with this sound they make music. It's different, experimental, but mostly you can hear so much emotion just pouring out of the speakers. I just can't with metal. I can only hear anger.

Music isn't about how fast you can play on your guitar, it's whether or not that you can create an emotion that makes you a good musician.
shobair
Y DO U PEOPLE THINK RAP SUCKS??

RAP IS JUST A POETRY OF THE STREETS
svhkid
i kinda of agree with the ^ statement.. Rap is the same as any other genre. It can mean different things for different people.
dubaichat.de
ggigigigigigiiiiiunit