FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Dead Space 2

Dementei

Release Date: 1/25/2011
Platforms: PC, PS3, XB360
Publisher: Electronic Arts
Developer: Visceral Games
Gamesite: http://deadspace.ea.com
Genres: Shooter, Survival Horror, Third-Person
ESRB: Rating Pending

"The infection continues to spread throughout space and our hero Isaac Clarke is the only person able to contain it..." —Visceral Games

Plot:
Quote:
The plot of Dead Space 2 begins with Isaac held in a mental asylum on the Sprawl, his encounter with the Necromorphs on the Ishimura having upset his sanity and leaving him hallucinating about his dead girlfriend, Nicole. When the Necromorph infection breaks out, Franco Delille releases Isaac, thus the game begins. Isaac must evade the Government while fighting off the Necromorphs in his attempt to escape the Sprawl. —The Dead Space Wiki

Multiplayer:
Quote:
Dead Space 2's multiplayer gameplay is objective based. Taking on the roles of either a team of up to four Sprawl Security Officers or a pack of up to four Necromorph players, the Security Officer players must complete objectives, such as arming a powerful bomb, while the Necromorph players must attempt to stop them from completing their objectives. —The Dead Space Wiki

Read more at deadspace.wikia.com

Cinematic shot.

Prepare for zero gravity.

Necromorph attack.

Oh hey Nicole, why don't you come and give me a hug?

Dead Space 2 Dementia Trailer [HD]

Dead Space 2 E3 Gameplay [HD]
driftingfe3s
I really enjoyed the first Dead Space game. It was plenty creepy and I really liked the ability to upgrade weapons and the armor.
Dementei
driftingfe3s wrote:
I really enjoyed the first Dead Space game. It was plenty creepy and I really liked the ability to upgrade weapons and the armor.

Same, and there will definitely be more of everything, and as they said in the interviews with the game they are to focus more on the plot even more than the first which is just awesome, can't wait for this one.
Dementei
This game definitely requires a bump, this is coming out real soon.
Less than 2 weeks soon.

For the latest videos of Dead Space 2 visit GameTrailers.com
thegamingart
Dementei wrote:
Less than 2 weeks soon.

You've got to love the marketing campaign for it Very Happy

http://www.psbeyond.com/news/Your-mom-hates-Dead-Space-2-clever-marketing-campaign-by-EA.18980.html

it's very creative
Dementei
thegamingart wrote:
Dementei wrote:
Less than 2 weeks soon.

You've got to love the marketing campaign for it Very Happy

http://www.psbeyond.com/news/Your-mom-hates-Dead-Space-2-clever-marketing-campaign-by-EA.18980.html

it's very creative

Haha wow that's really funny, thanks for sharing that had a lot of good laughs.
That is indeed genius.
driftingfe3s
Has anyone got the game yet?
Dementei
Yuppers, I had already beat it and I made a video of most of the epic moments in the game.

Dead Space 2 Epic Scenes + Ending
Be sure to watch it in 720p, for best quality.

I advise you watch it on youtube though, for widescreen.

DS2 is an amazing game, definitely could be GOTY already.. try it out.
driftingfe3s
I beat the game a week or two ago. I had a lot of fun playing it. I have all the achievements except for the one for beating it in Hardcore mode. Since I'm busy with school right now I don't think I can start hardcore level of the game yet, since it only allows you to save three times. I think I'm going to need a large period of time open to grab this last achievement.
emanuel2
I really liked the first one. But I think I am also going to try the second one, if I find some time for it Smile
LostOverThere
Has anyone tried it on PC? How are the controls? The first one always felt a bit clunky. Sad
drunkenkoz
I didn't really enjoy the first Dead Space, so I'm not quite sure about the second. From what I've read about the reviews it seems like a pretty good game. Not something I would buy though.
jeremyhowell
I haven't played either, but I would like to know what people thought of the PC version as well? Looks pretty awesome though on 360.
wombatrpgs
Do any successful games /not/ get a sequel?
LostOverThere
wombatrpgs wrote:

Critically? Tons.
Commercially? None that I can think of.
Dementei
LostOverThere wrote:
Has anyone tried it on PC? How are the controls? The first one always felt a bit clunky. Sad

Runs amazing on PC, as most 99% of games do on computer. The controls are easy and like they said in their interviews the controls are easier to handle and I have absolutely no problems with them.
Flakky
It's on the back of my to-do list.
I am a serious fan of Dead Space as I played the first one for the PC, the Wii game and two smaller games for the PS3. Oh and I also watched both movies Very Happy
wombatrpgs
LostOverThere wrote:
wombatrpgs wrote:

Critically? Tons.
Commercially? None that I can think of.

Actually, just found this on Cracked:
Quote:
"Sony came up next and announced a sequel, another sequel and then a reboot. After that it went sequel, sequel, special edition of a sequel, new FPS, sequel, new FPS, sequel, special edition of a sequel, new game based on an existing property (Star Trek), sequel, sequel and sequel. Then they introduced a new system (the PS Vita) and showed it off with four sequels."

...Maybe this is why I haven't bought a game since Fire Emblem 10.
gphoenix
downloaded it last week to post on my site..i almost have completed it..i think..
Error667
Great game, thanks for sharing Cool