FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

frihost.com - wort it?

xevo
Hi guys.
So I'm thinking about changing webhosts (from megabyet.net)
I don't really need much space (250mb would be enough) I'm more interested in speed.
MB can be quite SLOOOOW (sometimes it takes more than 20 sec just to connect to them Rolling Eyes )
How is Frihost as far as speed is concerned?
ocalhoun
I've never noticed Frihost's servers to be that slow (20 seconds to connect.)

In fact, they seem to be just as fast as any other server on the internet, though it's difficult for me to tell since my internet connection is a bit slow.
xevo
ocalhoun wrote:
I've never noticed Frihost's servers to be that slow (20 seconds to connect.)

No, I meant megabyet is slow
probna
i have tried few host solutions already, but i can say only good things about this frihost... i like it
Zenk
I've tried some other free hosts, but I think this one is the best of all.
emanuel2
I think its very fast, at least faster than my old bplaced website.
ChrisCh
I have ADSL2+, with a max speed here of about 10-11mbps, and if speed is a real desire for you, you could always look into paid hosting (particularly if you were looking to host video content, software downloads, or other items that would be downloaded repeatedly)... Frihost is more than adequate for hosting 'normal' websites (eg. I have my business website hosted here, and it loads really quite quickly - the same speed expected of any good host). I have just found that at times, the fastest download speed I could get from Server 4 has been about 100KB/s - not sure if the server was just particularly busy, or this is what's to be expected, but you get what you pay for Wink ... but anyway, there's nothing stopping you from giving Frihost a try, and if it doesn't suit your needs, you can easily move to another host with very minimal or no distruption at all to your site (if you have a top-level domain). Smile
drunkenkoz
Frihost is a great free host website. They give you a great deal for just staying active on these forums. You won't find other hosts like this one around the internet. If you do they won't be as good.
Ryox
drunkenkoz wrote:
Frihost is a great free host website. They give you a great deal for just staying active on these forums. You won't find other hosts like this one around the internet. If you do they won't be as good.

That is quite true. If you want paid hosting just find another hoster like hostgator that lets you put stuff on there sever when ya paid for their hosting. They give unlimited but Frihost is good for just basic hosting and family creation/business stuff, nothing really fancy!
rajpk
in my opinion Smile frihost is best whatever i used as free host
so mine vote for freeeeeeeeeeeeeee host goes to frihost
better luck
myqutey
I would say YES, It's worth it. Although I can't really participate in forum as a member (I am not getting mails from frihost somehow and I forgot my forum password).
Josso
My ping time is 100ms from the UK which for the distance and connection I would describe as very reasonable.
Hexes
It is definitely worth to try. This is one of the best free hosting services on the Internet. Recently I am facing issues with ftp speed but all in all this hosting is still amazing. I had a paid hosting before with very similar speed to frihost and it was the main reason why i switched it.
belltown
I record my own statistics in my code that tracks the amount of time spent handling each request. The response times I've been getting from Frihost have been faster than just about any other host I've tried. I've mainly been using free, rather than paid, hosts. However, it's becoming harder and harder to find decent quality free hosts any more. Frihost seems to be one of the last good ones out there. I hope they continue operating for a long time to come.
GuidanceReader
I have yet to find any fault with frihost. I haven't been here long, but the quality of server seems to be very high to me.
john_rambo
yes it is good thinking you should do this but i hope this is also cool not so bad.. you have to change your statics for this work it will help you just try it man,.,,