FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

email notification or follow option for particular user

rjraaz
hello again i am with my silly suggestion

my suggestion is that as we get the email notification about any thread for new post.

is it possible to get notification about new post by a particular user or we can follow any particular user in this forum.

i hope you understand what i want.
deanhills
If I understand you correctly, i.e. wanting to be notified by e-mail when someone responds to your posts, then you can fix that in your profile, by ticking a radial button against the option below:
Quote:
Always notify me of replies:
Sends an e-mail when someone replies to a topic you have posted in. This can be changed whenever you post.
rjraaz
deanhills wrote:
If I understand you correctly, i.e. wanting to be notified by e-mail when someone responds to your posts, then you can fix that in your profile, by ticking a radial button against the option below:
Quote:
Sends an e-mail when someone replies to a topic you have posted in. This can be changed whenever you post.

no that is not, i just want follow a particular user and want to get email notification if that user make or reply any post.

i hope you can understand it now.
sonam
rjraaz wrote:
deanhills wrote:
Quote:

no that is not, i just want follow a particular user and want to get email notification if that user make or reply any post.

Did this user like your following. Rolling Eyes

Sonam
rjraaz
sonam wrote:
rjraaz wrote:
deanhills wrote:
Quote:

Did this user like your following. Rolling Eyes

Sonam

yes if that user make good post and want to followed by others.
Bondings
On the user page and under the avatar, there is a link to go to the latest posts of a user. I know this isn't ideal, but this way you can easily check the posts of a user, although you won't get an email.
rjraaz
Bondings wrote:
On the user page and under the avatar, there is a link to go to the latest posts of a user. I know this isn't ideal, but this way you can easily check the posts of a user, although you won't get an email.

oh bonding thanks for your reply but i want automatic notification, i already know the way you just tell.
deanhills
I don't understand the problem rjraaz. Wouldn't it be quicker to access Frihost and click on the person whose postings you are following's name, than to access your e-mails? Or do you have a faster e-mail service than I have? I use Hotmail. It is quicker for me to get into Frihost than into Hotmail.
LittleBlackKitten
What this person is trying to ask for is a way to subscribe to a USER, not to a TOPIC. We can already manually view all topics; this person wants to be able to subscribe to a USER instead of stalking every post they could possibly make. I believe it is a wonderful idea, especially if someone likes a user, their opinions, and their generic way of thought.
Hogwarts
LittleBlackKitten wrote:
What this person is trying to ask for is a way to subscribe to a USER, not to a TOPIC. We can already manually view all topics; this person wants to be able to subscribe to a USER instead of stalking every post they could possibly make. I believe it is a wonderful idea, especially if someone likes a user, their opinions, and their generic way of thought.

Uh.. Subscribing to that user is stalking every post they make..

I think this is a stupid idea, and I imagine instead of people stalking those they think 'have good posts', it'll end up being used with the few users around here who have personal vendettas against other people just to 'catch them out' if they do anything so much as trivially wrong.
saratdear
Hogwarts wrote:

Uh.. Subscribing to that user is stalking every post they make..

I think this is a stupid idea, and I imagine instead of people stalking those they think 'have good posts', it'll end up being used with the few users around here who have personal vendettas against other people just to 'catch them out' if they do anything so much as trivially wrong.

Are you sure that is the only way it could be used? Then the 'Subscribe to Topics' feature could be used in a similar way too, if I have to stalk a lot of users at once in a hot topic.
rjraaz
LittleBlackKitten wrote:

You are exactly i want that but i dont know how express myself thanks to express my views in that way

i hope other one can understand me very well now.
deanhills
LittleBlackKitten wrote:
I think we did understand that LBK. I still can't understand why he can't just click on the name of the person he is interested in. Can't be much simpler than that.
Bondings
I understand what you mean now and like deanhills, I think most people are happy with the link. Although you first have to either find the user or have him bookmarked, which isn't the optimal way.

Anyway, I will try to create this feature if I find some time to do it and if it doesn't take much time to code. So please don't expect it very soon, sorry.
rjraaz
Bondings wrote:
I understand what you mean now and like deanhills, I think most people are happy with the link. Although you first have to either find the user or have him bookmarked, which isn't the optimal way.

Anyway, I will try to create this feature if I find some time to do it and if it doesn't take much time to code. So please don't expect it very soon, sorry.

thanks to consider me.

i will wait for that it will help me too much