FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

how do u attach an application to an email message?

rbooth
i have always wondered how u attatch an application to a email message but never quite found out.

please help!
ignition
Depends on email service and type of email access you are using. Provide more information Rolling Eyes
charliehk
If the question is "How to add an attachment when you send an email using PHP?", then I am also interested! I want to know, too!
Jack_Hammer
As previously stated we need to know what E-mail application / service you are using to add and attachment, because every e-mail application (Such as Outlook) and service (Hotmail) have their own ways of adding attachments, without knowing what program of web service you are using we cannot help you.
Wink
Daniel15
To attach a file in a normal email service, there should be an 'Attachments' button. Just click it, and it should work! If you can't find it, please tell us the name of your webmail service or email program

And, to send a file through PHP mail, you need to use something called 'MIME Headers'. There's a 5-part tutorial on how to use it on the Zend site: http://www.zend.com/zend/spotlight/sendmimeemailpart1.php
dan751
Also, certain webmail providers deliberately will not let you attach programs such as executables (.exe) or even an exe inside a ZIP (.zip) file for security reasons.Wink
otiscom
Use the paper clip !
darrell
there will be a link for you to attach your file
ocalhoun
When you send files over E-mail you should always compress them!
Use for example winZip, avoid using XP's copression utility, it is not compatible with anything. If you happen to use Linux, you should have myriad choices for a compression utility.

Not everyone has a fast connection, be considerate of Bandwidth challenged people!
zhrike
for very good compression tool use 7zip. 7zip compresses almost 80% of the file. very good and very user friendly tool... try it!
Zaheer Khan
i am using hotmail, yahoo and gmail. but gmail is faster then others and you can simply use a software to attach applications with your e-mail. software is gmail disk. it attaches applications at 100% speed faster then others. must use it.
gonzo
in no particular order:

- Some ISPs/hosts prevent executable attachments. Additionally for some providers archiving is not a solution unless the archive conceals the file extension: RAR can do this with filelist encryption

- mock the bandwidth challenged until they quit savaging my web. tell them about lynx.

- have an attachment limit? try free file hosting filefactory, megaupload, not rapidshare, or similar