FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Your Most Important Relationship

baboosaa
Your relationship with yourself is your closest and most important relationship. What kind of relationship with yourself have you chosen – a judging, a coaching, a fearful, or a loving one? "Ask yourself in meditation what kind of friendship you want to nurture with your own self – do you want an inner friend who constantly judges you and denies you love, or do you want an inner friend who accepts you just as you are?" advises John Selby.

Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him.

The kingdom of God is within you.

A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Become earnest about the word! For as to the word, its first part is faith; the second, love; the third, works; for from these comes life.

Hearken to the word; understand knowledge; love life, and no one will persecute you, nor will anyone oppress you, other than you yourselves.

Knowledge and ritual without compassion is empty.

Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.

You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ The entire law and all the demands of the prophets are based on these two commandments.

There is only one love that loves unconditionally – the love of the Divine.

Love your neighbor, but who is your neighbor. Your neighbor is the one who is sent to you from the Divine. Your neighbor can be one who is a total stranger to you from afar. Your neighbor can be someone living close to you. But what is true is that your neighbor is one of the Light who needs your support as much as you need his.

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable – if anything is excellent or praiseworthy – think about such things.
watersoul
I agree with all the love and compassion to fellow man thing, although myself, I am without any belief in deities.

PS, I actually thought these were very passionately scripted words you were inspired to type. Then I searched and found it was just cut and pasted from elsewhere. If you'd used the quote tags I wouldn't have made that mistake Wink
LittleBlackKitten
Watersoul - that is a biblical passage; it's not necessarily cut and paste, because it could very well have been typed from memory, or created from reading and typing.

Baboosaa -

Quote:
What kind of relationship with yourself have you chosen – a judging, a coaching, a fearful, or a loving one?

My relationship with myself is a silent, trusting one. I never question my emotions, senses, feelings, or instincts. I always listen to myself when my spirit is telling me strange things, and it is the Holy Spirit who puts those whispers there. (For instance, I was told within myself not to go out one day, and cost myself a shift at work, and cost myself a job. I listened, because the panic that settled within my heart told me to. That day, the mall's roof collapsed over the food court, and killed over 300 people - snow, and failing to maintain the roof. It happened at 12:45, the moment I usually ordered lunch. I would have been killed.

Trusting my gut and mind like that has saved me more times than I can count; knowing things that I have picked up along the way has been my downfall, because arguing my point has never been my strength. Most people accept what I tell them as it proves itself later; but, the issue changes once people decide to argue with me and not hear me the way I intend to be heard. This is mostly because I am Autistic - I suffer from High-Functioning Asperger's syndrome, and can never quite express myself the proper way.

Perhaps my biggest downfall is never truly questioning myself, my thoughts, instincts, wants, needs, cravings, beliefs - I have never felt a need to. Everyone else seems to do it FOR me, and I always hold stubborn and steadfast to the things within myself. Perhaps it is a strong point, AND a downfall?

Quote:
Ask yourself in meditation what kind of friendship you want to nurture with your own self – do you want an inner friend who constantly judges you and denies you love, or do you want an inner friend who accepts you just as you are?

My friendshp with myself is never pretty. I tend to hate things about myself that are not perfect, and it is making me sick. I feel trapped within myself, in the medical sense, and it's starting to wear my sanity thin. It also is destroying me to have outside forces constantly telling me I am wrong, and why, when I do not agree whatsoever, and I am never heard. It's quite like being in kindergarten, and being told it is silly and stupid to be afraid of the dark, and the reasons why; when, it is not silly to the kindergartener, who is genuinely terrified, for whatever reason - perhaps they see the spirit realm and become afraid of it - and those reasons might not make sense to the adult, but to the child, it is very valid and very REAL. I suppose it's most like that for me, and because of the OUTSIDE issues, my INSIDE relationship is dying.
watersoul
watersoul
LittleBlackKitten wrote:

My friendshp with myself is never pretty. I tend to hate things about myself that are not perfect, and it is making me sick. I feel trapped within myself, in the medical sense, and it's starting to wear my sanity thin. It also is destroying me to have outside forces constantly telling me I am wrong, and why, when I do not agree whatsoever, and I am never heard. It's quite like being in kindergarten, and being told it is silly and stupid to be afraid of the dark, and the reasons why; when, it is not silly to the kindergartener, who is genuinely terrified, for whatever reason - perhaps they see the spirit realm and become afraid of it - and those reasons might not make sense to the adult, but to the child, it is very valid and very REAL. I suppose it's most like that for me, and because of the OUTSIDE issues, my INSIDE relationship is dying.

I feel for you there with a genuine emotion of love and kindness from my heart. I also hope you have folk who care about you in the 'real' world who can help you with those thoughts. I'm just an online stranger, but I do have a heart and I wish you the best even if we do disagree online sometimes.
LittleBlackKitten
I have many people in the sense that I am loved and wellbeing is cared about; but I honestly have no help, or support, and no one really understands or pities me.

At 24, walking to a bus stop 3 blocks shouldn't hurt or cause my heart to hurt; I should be capable of walking after 6pm; I should be capable of holding a regular 9-5 job; I should be able to bend over without taking 50 seconds and groaning in pain; I shouldn't have to constantly worry about overexerting my heart, or breathing someone's perfume. I shouldn't be in the amount of pain I am, and I shouldn't feel like I am an 80 year old woman....

No one really gets it, and they won't, unless they're in my boots. I not only have physical burdens, but mental ones, as I do not think like most people...And I feel hated for it.
daredninja
i really thought the answer to this was gonna be "your right hand".. i guess i was mistaken!
deanhills
I guess if one's most important relationship is not oneself, then that has to be a big problem. If one can't value oneself properly (and I don't mean in an egoistic sense) then one can't value anyone else either. Interesting that people are more attracted to those who do have a healthy self esteem, than those who lack confidence in themselves. Confidence always comes from having a very strong sense of who we are. And from accepting and liking ourselves (most of the time anyway). Generally those who accept and like themselves always find it easier to get on with others.
thisdaddy
My love because i love her alot she's my life
macky
in myself i know that i am a loving because i know in myself that people close to me stay as long as

they wanted to...