FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Unhandled Win32 error

bukaida
I have the following error in some directories. Everytime the code inside [] changes. I have only VC++ runtime installed. I also have Java runtime 1.6 installed.This happens to the USB drives also specialy if they have large number of images/video.

Please help.
bukaida
No solution possible? Can a format fix the issue?
airh3ad
Your infected with the virus need to reformat your machine. you can repair your Operating system also.
bukaida
I have Kaspersky Internet security 2010 installed with daily update. Along with that I have Malwarebyte's anti-malware. There is a little possibility of having virus infection.
SonLight
If I understand you right, the error occurs when you try to display the files in a directory. If so, it may be failing because of the 'preview' feature, which examines and displays an image from each of the files. See if you can turn off the preview feature, and if doing so prevents the error.

It seems probable to me that certain files either are malformed or contain content that the display program cannot handle, perhaps due to a bug, some malware, or some other file corruption or bad configuration setting. One way to find which files are bad would be copy half of them to a new directory and the other half to another, and try to examine each of the directories individually. You should be able to repeat the process to get a list of files which cause failure and which don't.

It is possible the error depends on the number of files in the directory, which would make it harder to analyze.
Flakky
Can you tell us which application is causing this error?
And I don't mean the program you just started but the process that is linked to this.
You can look it up by going to taskmanager, the applications tab, alt-click on the the application and click on go to process.
rickylau
airh3ad wrote:
Your infected with the virus need to reformat your machine. you can repair your Operating system also.
Don't fake others by something like virus infection if you don't know the real cause. A good virus shouldn't make such error window prompted to user. Although formatting must be the best solution as it solves everything you can think of, it is not necessary to do so in very most case even for being infected by viruses (and especially this case is not virus infection)

SonLight wrote:
If I understand you right, the error occurs when you try to display the files in a directory. If so, it may be failing because of the 'preview' feature, which examines and displays an image from each of the files. See if you can turn off the preview feature, and if doing so prevents the error.
I strongly agree on this cause, this occurs from mine one also when I open some directory with video and preview view for that directory. It should be codec issue and there should be no solution unless the involved codec fixes.

Since explorer error makes the whole desktop restart, I feel its annoying and as temporal solution, I drag that error window away and after I have done all the works, I dragged it back and click the enter to let it restart.

One more point, I set my explorer to have multiple instances for each file explorer window, it may more or less related to this issue or its solution.