FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

NASA Announcement Hints at Extraterrestrial Finding

repairit
Just found this article online. Anyone wish to speculate on what they found?

http://www.thirdage.com/news/nasa-announcement-hints-extraterrestrial-finding_11-30-2010
Bluedoll
When it comes to astrobiology, scientists can look in ice or at fossils to find evidence that might lead to a suggestion of what happened a very very long time ago regarding life.

A report on evidence of extraterrestrial life will most likely be speculative to say the least. I get excited about science and consider that any kind of space venture is uplifting. (a pun? perhaps!)

Since the landing on the moon, I am waiting for some big event that will capture the worlds interest with everyone viewing intensely at what is unfolding but alas science is sometimes very slow methodical work demanding endurance but is not very media shaking.

I predict this finding to be theatrical, I mean theoretical.

Smile
Klaw 2
No one has found extraterrestrial life, the news papers who want more readers try to draw them this way;

bassically for al life 6 elements are the most important they are the main building blocks;
Hydrogen
Oxygen
Carbon
Sulfur
Phosphorus
& Nitrogen

Felisa Wolfe-Simon has found a bacteria that has basically replaced one of those, Phosphorus, with arsenicum. (Arsenicum is very toxic btw.)
Phosphorus is part of the chemical backbone of DNA and RNA.

So all of the biology books have to be rewritten or adjusted because before this everyone thought only:
Hydrogen, Oxygen, Carbon, Sulfur, Phosphorus & Nitrogen, could be the building blocks of life that means that extraterrestrial life can be completely different from ours, speaking about the most basic building blocks of course.

besides nasa never said they found aliens;
Quote:
"discuss and astrobiology finding that will impact the search for evidence of extraterrestrial life."

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/universe/features/astrobiology_toxic_chemical.html

O and it is very unlikely that extraterrestrial life can be found in frozen ice from comets. The chance of it reaching terminal velocity and surviving is extremely loew. Due to the great temperatures involved.
menino
I believe the hint that NASA mentioned from this meeting was not supposed to be encouraging for finding Aliens, but mainly plant life only.... at the moment.

I don't know if the UFO's are being showcased here, but its mainly the findings from the NASA space exploration programs.
Indi
Klaw 2 wrote:
O and it is very unlikely that extraterrestrial life can be found in frozen ice from comets. The chance of it reaching terminal velocity and surviving is extremely loew. Due to the great temperatures involved.

That would make it unlikely to find any surviving ET life... it would not necessarily rule out discovering the existence ET life, even if only as a fossil with some traces of the right amino acids.
ocalhoun
Saw a good explanation of NASA's news releases in response to this article on another site,
Quoted for posterity (and hilarity):
Quote:

NASA FINDS LIFE on Earth.

Also, the space shuttle launch is delayed again.
ham65
Is that true ?

LOL.