FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Time Traveller (Probably not)

truespeed
deanhills
Weird! Wish I could get Charlie Chaplin's Circus show in the UAE so that I can check it out. Defintely looks like a mobile phone, but does not sound credible at all. Smile
Bikerman
a) The fact that this guy is a film-maker with a film about to be released might just be worth considering.
b) If it was a mobile phone then who could she be talking to? There were no transmitters (or other mobile phones for that matter) to enable anyone to use such a device.
c) I am not sure that the woman is talking - it isn't clear to me from the picture.
d) The fact that there is a merry-go-round horse painted as a zebra strikes me as a bit odd as well...maybe a hint that all is not as it seems?

The real question is whether this appears on the actual film, or just his 'copy'.
standready
Bikerman wrote:
a) The fact that this guy is a film-maker with a film about to be released might just be worth considering.
b) If it was a mobile phone then who could she be talking to? There were no transmitters (or other mobile phones for that matter) to enable anyone to use such a device.
c) I am not sure that the woman is talking - it isn't clear to me from the picture.
d) The fact that there is a merry-go-round horse painted as a zebra strikes me as a bit odd as well...maybe a hint that all is not as it seems?

The real question is whether this appears on the actual film, or just his 'copy'.

I have to agree with you, Bikerman, on your first three points. Horse painted as zebra as not surprise me. I have seen pictures from that time with unicorns, zebras and circus show setups as well as just plain horses.

He did ask if anyone else's copy had the same woman. His fades and closeups made me feel that it is doctored. Those closeups should have been more grainy unless touched up.
deanhills
Looks as though it could have been a "compact" Siemens Hearing Aid:
mahirh
maybe the man said that the 100 people he showed the video were speechless may because those people are dumb?.
the woman was talking , but not to the phone , it could be cursing , talking to another man to test the device , the possibilities could be endless
hoax slayer
wrote:
The device may well be an early hearing aid created by hearing instrument company, Siemens. A hearing aid of some description does seem to be the most likely explanation. A photograph of a woman using one such hearing device available on the Siemens website is quite reminiscent of the "mobile phone using" woman in the Chaplin footage.

source - http://www.hoax-slayer.com/chaplin-time-traveller.shtml
anyways , who would talk to hearing aid!

and if she was really through a time machine , how the ... did she fit a cellphone tower in the time machine
wait , what if she was using a walky talky , it doesnt need and cell phone antennas , but this might not be it , because we cant see anything protruding from the case like an antenna and no one had seen a walkie talkie until the 30's and that walky talky was bigger than a desktop computer and this film was released in 1928 , so it has a chance of being fake and moreover , humanity has a very very bad habit of believing every exciting thing he sees
deanhills
mahirh wrote:
anyways , who would talk to hearing aid!
Good point. Maybe she was just crazy then! Talking to herself while trying to hear what she was saying .... Smile