FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

We Are Too Close To Date? HELP!!!

Is Friendship Before Dating Bad Or Good For Relationships?
GOOD
100%
 100%  [ 4 ]
BAD
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
DON'T MATTER TO ME
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
NOT SURE
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

icechild
I just met i girl some months back and we became friends. I had the intention of dating her when i met her but decided to get close to her first and know her a bit before asking out.

We've become really good friends over the months and when i finally asked her out she turned me down saying we are too too close to be friends.

She thinks it might be bad for us to date.
Sje also said she likes me alot but she loves being my friend.

What do you guys think i could/should do/say, HELP!!!
deanhills
I would cool it a little. Say you agree completely, and then start dating other girls but being friends with her as well. This is a foolproof strategy for someone who is close to another, as it certainly will make her think twice about your friendship.

Even if she should still feel the same, even when you are dating others, at least you would have saved face, yours and hers, and you will still have a good friendship with her. And who knows, maybe in time something really good could happen with it. Bottomline probably is to be really patient. What is that saying that everything comes to those who are willing to wait for it?

By the way, friendship is really good before dating. My best relationships yet have come spontaneously from friendships. Smile
icechild
deanhills wrote:
I would cool it a little. Say you agree completely, and then start dating other girls but being friends with her as well. This is a foolproof strategy for someone who is close to another, as it certainly will make her think twice about your friendship.

Even if she should still feel the same, even when you are dating others, at least you would have saved face, yours and hers, and you will still have a good friendship with her. And who knows, maybe in time something really good could happen with it. Bottomline probably is to be really patient. What is that saying that everything comes to those who are willing to wait for it?

By the way, friendship is really good before dating. My best relationships yet have come spontaneously from friendships. Smile

Thanks... but
Do you thing i should date like her close friends?
Cus there is this other girl (a friend of hers) who i think likes me alot, if i date her do you think it might help
ankur209
If you both are sharing a good friendship then surely it will help you both to come out of your comforts and will force one another to know each other more....!!

I think Friendship is the first step to Love...!!

Go on Bro...Go on...!! Wink
icechild
ankur209 wrote:
If you both are sharing a good friendship then surely it will help you both to come out of your comforts and will force one another to know each other more....!!

aight bro, but howdo i go 'bout it? she aready said no once.
i really need advice please
Segun3d
ankur209 wrote:

Very Happy you are right but not all friendship can or lead to relationship and work out for both party
manalone
Personally I can't date someone that is not my friend. I think the aim of dating is to get to know each other beta. Just accept her wantin 2 be friends and then continue but act as though u were dating. What I mean is that u chip in some dating stuff like saying let's go see a movie as a couple instead of sayin let's hang out. Just behave how u woould arnd someone u dating. Don't talk 2 much arnd her instead she takes u like a brother.

icechild wrote:
I just met i girl some months back and we became friends. I had the intention of dating her when i met her but decided to get close to her first and know her a bit before asking out.

We've become really good friends over the months and when i finally asked her out she turned me down saying we are too too close to be friends.

Sje also said she likes me alot but she loves being my friend.

macky
icechild wrote:

She also said she likes me alot but she loves being my friend.

it is alright to know at the very first that you know what are her intentions to you.. she tries to be

herself so be happy that she is really saving your friendship relationship...