FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

DVD Player Frustration ....

deanhills
I'm really disgusted with my LG DVD player. I purchased it about a year ago, and usually DVD players are supposed to last for at least three years or more. The first sign of it going down the tubes was that when I erased a recording, the DVD player would freeze up. I then got out of that by initializing the disk instead of erasing the recordings. Then finally that also started to freeze up, and what a challenge to get the system unstuck when it is frozen. I'm determined this weekend to go buy a replacement of the player as I do like to record my favourite shows. The last really good Video machine I had was an Orion. I also heard good reports of Samsung. Has anyone had any good experiences or suggestions as to what I should be watching out for?
standready
That sure does suck. I am sure the warranty probably was only for 90 days. I am still recording on VHS tapes. Eventually I plan to get one of those USB digital TV tuners that also allows to input external devices such as camcorders and VHS so I can dump the taped shows into it. One nice feature one the USB tuner is the ability to record shows as well. Later copy them to DVDs
Ghost Rider103
Thread moved to Hardware and Electronics.
Segun3d
deanhills wrote:
I'm really disgusted with my LG DVD player. I purchased it about a year ago, and usually DVD players are supposed to last for at least three years or more. The first sign of it going down the tubes was that when I erased a recording, the DVD player would freeze up. I then got out of that by initializing the disk instead of erasing the recordings. Then finally that also started to freeze up, and what a challenge to get the system unstuck when it is frozen. I'm determined this weekend to go buy a replacement of the player as I do like to record my favourite shows. The last really good Video machine I had was an Orion. I also heard good reports of Samsung. Has anyone had any good experiences or suggestions as to what I should be watching out for?
Evil or Very Mad am not happy to discuss matter if this magnitude bcos dvd players can get you mad almost all the time
Segun3d
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
Thread moved to Hardware and Electronics.
Evil or Very Mad hay ghost the topic 4 discussion is dvdeplayer so please pay attention
menino
Usually dvd players do last longer than a year, but it depends how you keep them maintained.
Dust can get in through anywhere, and usually after using it, its better to cover the dvd players with a sheet.
Also using scratched dvd's can affect the components of the dvd player, especially the reading mechanism.

I think what you might have is a dvd RAM device, and I have no experience with that.

Possibly the writing mechanism that you have might have a spec of dust on it???

Anyways, you could possibly try using a dvd cleaner (get a branded one), to try and maintain your dvd player.

2nd last resort is to give it to the dealer for checking, and they might overcharge you for very little that they do.
last resort is to buy a new one, and have the same problems happening to you a year later down the line.