FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Reporting Locked Threads

deanhills
I've had two experiences of locked threads over two days. In the first instance it was a short-sighted decision and the only way I could deal with the locked thread was by writing to a Moderator. Instead of writing to Moderators, is it possible to keep the report function active when a thread is locked?

A Moderator who has been subject of complaints has made a major announcement last night that he will be moderating all the threads in the Phil&Rel Forum whether he is part of the discussion or not. Since that Moderator is the only Moderator really posting in the Philosophy and Religion Forum, and those who have submitted complaints have been assured of using the report button as their only recourse, would it be an unreasonable request to ask that the report button also be made active for locked threads as well?
Bikerman
That would be a tricky thing to implement. If you want to complain about me then pm Bondings.
ocalhoun
deanhills wrote:
is it possible to keep the report function active when a thread is locked?

I thought it already was...
I'm sure I reported a locked thread (maybe the same one?) a few days ago...
Well, I reported the last post, perhaps you can't report the whole topic?
Bikerman
I can't easily check since I have a slightly different display.....

In this specific case there is no need to worry - Bondings is now aware of the complaint.
Ghost Rider103
What is the point in reporting a thread that is already locked? Clearly if the thread is locked the issue has already been taken care of.

If you wish to report the moderator that locked the thread, then reporting the user is actually the correct function to use.

I can see where this thread is heading. Please don't force me to close it, or AWIT's will go along with it.
deanhills
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
I can see where this thread is heading. Please don't force me to close it, or AWIT's will go along with it.
I'm not sure what you mean by where this thread is heading. Can you clarify that? The OP is very simple. I am suggesting that the report function be activated for locked threads as well. There may be those who do not agree that it should be locked. And for good reason.

Is it also possible to clarify the threat of AWITs? Who is the threat directed at specifically? As I sincerely hope that it is not me.
meep
No, you're suggesting something but also using it as an excuse to complain (which is something different -- and if something gets locked without reason you can just pm another moderator, it doesn't take that much effort to press a pm button) -- As for the suggestion, I don't see much use of enabling the report button on closed topics, but I guess there are some things it could be used for, as long as it's easy to enable, otherwise it wouldn't be worth it.
deanhills
meep wrote:
No, you're suggesting something but also using it as an excuse to complain (which is something different -- and if something gets locked without reason you can just pm another moderator, it doesn't take that much effort to press a pm button) -- As for the suggestion, I don't see much use of enabling the report button on closed topics, but I guess there are some things it could be used for, as long as it's easy to enable, otherwise it wouldn't be worth it.
I welcome your comment that you don't see much use for enabling the report button. This is a Suggestion Forum and that is the kind of discussion I expected either in the positive or negative. If I wanted to complain I could have written to Bondings in absence of a report button. It would have been much easier to do, wouldn't it?

From a practical point of view the message I have received so far is that for all normal posts complaints can be dealt with via the report button. And if one should feel that a locked thread should stay open, write a PM to a Moderator or to Bondings.

May I respectfully suggest that since Ghost Rider is concerned that this thread may take a wrong turning, and that I now realize that he may be right in this, that this thread be locked.
Vrythramax
deanhills wrote:
I'm not sure what you mean by where this thread is heading. Can you clarify that? The OP is very simple. I am suggesting that the report function be activated for locked threads as well. There may be those who do not agree that it should be locked. And for good reason.

Is it also possible to clarify the threat of AWITs? Who is the threat directed at specifically? As I sincerely hope that it is not me.

I don't see any reason to make a report about a locked topic/thread. If you have a complaint about the reason *why* a topic/thread has been closed...please refer to 2g of the Forum Rules:
Quote:
# If your thread has been locked (or trashed or moved to the Spam Can) by a Moderator, you may not start a new thread on the same topic without first sending a PM to the Moderator in question and discussing with him/her the reasons for your thread being locked (or trashed).

As for voicing an opposing opinion already covered in the closed topic, this rules handles that as well.

@deanhills

As per your last post are you asking for this thread to be closed? I will be more than happy to handle your request.
deanhills
Vrythramax wrote:
As per your last post are you asking for this thread to be closed? I will be more than happy to handle your request.
Definitely Max. I will be grateful if you would lock this thread. I thought I specifically asked for it to be locked, but maybe it was my lack of an Irish accent that made my statement less than clear! Smile
Vrythramax
deanhills wrote:
Definitely Max. I will be grateful if you would lock this thread. I thought I specifically asked for it to be locked, but maybe it was my lack of an Irish accent that made my statement less than clear! Smile

Aye, that must have been the case Wink

As per request of the author, this topic is -closed-.