FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The new Hawaii Five-O

mgeek
Has anyone here seen the new Hawaii Five-O? What do you think of it?
Asap170
I am in love with it! I have never seen the old one and so I don't know what it was like before. I think this show is targeted to younger viewers rather than older ones because it's a new era. So therefore a new kind of Hawaii Five-O
standready
I am having trouble with the "new" series. Having watch and still watching the original series, I do find it difficult to see new people with the original names. Should have created new characters to continue the jobs. I also don't like the lack of legal procedure (search warrants and such) with approval of the Governor this "new" bunch promotes.
You can watch the original series on hulu.com.
eday2010
I have the "benefit" of never having seen the original series. I only watched the first episode of the new series so far. It was okay. It seems overly violent. I was hoping for more of a Magnum, P.I. type show, where it's crime solving mixed in with a good dose of humour. Alas, it's a lot more serious and much more graphically violent. I have the other two episodes downloaded, which I will watch at some point, but I don't think it will be a show I follow.

I love the updated theme song though. It was my favourite part of the show.
mgeek
eday2010 wrote:
I have the "benefit" of never having seen the original series. I only watched the first episode of the new series so far. It was okay. It seems overly violent.

Right you are. But the characteristic goes well with the way the new 5-0's dress themselves.