FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Jazz? Does anybody listen to jazz?

fallco
Especially Miles Davis is my favourite, John Coltrane, Charlie Parker, that's lovely music. Who share my passion?
ignotus
I like Jazz as well. I take a particular liking to Abbey Lincoln. An up and coming great is Ron Davis - you can search for his music on download.com

visit his site at http://www.rddavis.com. I think that's the site, if not - just google, "Ron Davis Trio".
Hippie
I'm a fan of jazz, but more of the "fast jazz" if you know what I mean. I think that of all kinds of music, jazz requires the most skill, musical intuition, and practice. Much respect for any jazz musician.
soulman
I got a album of Elvis Costello, very old ablum -- North, I bearly like jazz but he is only one male singer I like~

perhaps the jazz music I touch is too little, anyone can introduce me some good jazz music?
soilgrain
I love jazz.

Jaco pastorius, miles D, Coltrane, connick jr.

They are all great. So are many other jazz artists.
snowflake
Miles D, Coltrane.... they all have good stuff. Smile
jawker
i do like listening to jazz as well but i dont know any particular artist..im a piano/keyboard player and its my dream to really learn how to play jazz..i dont have a strong background on music theory specially on notes because i haven't got the chance to study music when i was younger..i only know chords but i can say i could play hehehhee..any advice from you guys on how i could improve my music is highly appreciated thanks!! could you suggest any good piano jazz player i could listen to?thanks
Grimboy
I would quite like to get into fast jazz and acid jazz. I don't know any names though so it's a bit hard.
diablera
Wow.---

I could post a pair of pages when listing my fave jazz musicians:

John Coltrane
Jacco Pastorious
Miles Davis
Gil Evans
John Zorn
Tom Waits
Antonio Carlos Jobim
Astrud Gilberto
Joao Gilberto

etc....

Cheers!!!
EJK-lifesaving-nederland
dont like it...
icugaming
I love Duke Ellington and Louis Armstrong.

Miles Davis is overrated.
Ioana
I love Jazz.

Here's a short list of some of my all time favourites too:
Chick Corea
Gato Barbieri
Thelenius Monk
Miles Davis
Lokine
I love jazz! I can't say I really have any favorites as I listen to a bit of everyone, but I do rather like John Coltrane, Wes Montgomery, and some others whose names escape me at the moment. The only jazz I don't really like is lyrical jazz, I much prefer instrumental jazz; although I recently heard a lyrical jazz artist who I actually like: Tierney Sutton. I think she has a great voice.