FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

RPG Games

Emperor
Hi People,

Someone knows a good (and new) RPG Games for pc?

Smile
KungFuChris
I'd suggest Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, Neverwinter Nights for the more traditional flow of things.

Morrowind (Elder Scrolls 3) is also good, though very open and unrestricted. The first person style of playing is a little more unusual, but fun once you get into it a bit more. The next in the series is coming along nicely I hear, so it might be worth keeping an eye out for it... I forget when it's due

If you're on an extremely tight budget you might want to take a look at the Exile shareware games. Can't remember the link to them off the top of my head, but I'm sure if you google Exile and RPG you should find them reasonably easily.

I really should actually make an attempt at finishing one of these games some day Rolling Eyes Very Happy
Monkeydog
Mabye Fable?
The new Elder Scrolls is coming out too...damn I wish I had a better computer.
jarcelao
Well, I'm an RPG gamer and here are the best RPG games I have ever played on PC:

1. Morrowind with Tribunal and Bloodmoon expansion
2. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
3. Diablo 1
4. Diablo 2 with Lord of Destruction expansion
5. Gothic
6. Baldur's Gate II : Shadows of Amn and Throne of Bhaal
7. Planescape: Torment
8. Gothic 2
9. Icewind Dale with Heart of Winter expansion
10. Neverwinter Nights with Shadows of Undrentide and Hordes of the Underdark expansion
11. Vampire: Bloodlines
12. Arcanum of Steamworks and Magic Obscura
13. Temple of Elemental Evil
14. Icewind Dale II
15. Dungeon Siege
16. Vampire: Redemption
17. Pool of Radiance

Looking forward for the next installment in the Elder Scrolls series... Oblivion! that game is really awesome! =)
Jeff_vella_leone
Elder scrolls: Oblivion
i think thats a good rpg comeing soon, i saw the trailer , it was cool.
if ur thinking of a new good one i think u should try this game
Kitsune
I recommend:

1: TES III Morrowind GOTY

2: Planescape: Torment

3: Diablo II

4: Neverwinter Nights

5: TES IV Oblivion

6: Elite

7: GunZ
Nameless
It has already been said, but I'll reiterate it: Neverwinter Nights (esp. with both expansions and plenty of (FREE!) downloadable modules) is a great RPG game.

Or, you could play my favourite RPG game, ADOM.
bigdragon2k3
The new elder scrolsl game on the pc is going to be amazing with thier new npc engine all of the non player characters will react to what you do and still live in their own world likw how you could wlak up to this one house and see a lady and thiers a dog by her side well the dog is barking and the lady gets pissed so she blasts the dog with a frieball to make it shutup the physics engine in this game is going to be great to very realistic liek you can shoot a bow and arrow to a sign and the sign will react liek it would in real life very kewl looking game!!!
ydwy
I want to know too
Vincent Vale
jarcelao wrote:
Well, I'm an RPG gamer and here are the best RPG games I have ever played on PC:

3. Diablo 1
5. Gothic
8. Gothic 2
10. Neverwinter Nights with Shadows of Undrentide and Hordes of the Underdark expansion
14. Icewind Dale II
15. Dungeon Siege
17. Pool of Radiance

Looking forward for the next installment in the Elder Scrolls series... Oblivion! that game is really awesome! =)

You are a man of brilliance...Diablo II and Baldurs Gate II are fantastic. I'm suprised no one has mentioned Final Fantasy 7 (which I think is the greatest game of all time) but whatever. RPG's = awesome.
AnGeLicK
bigdragon2k3 wrote:
The new elder scrolsl game on the pc is going to be amazing with thier new npc engine all of the non player characters will react to what you do and still live in their own world likw how you could wlak up to this one house and see a lady and thiers a dog by her side well the dog is barking and the lady gets pissed so she blasts the dog with a frieball to make it shutup the physics engine in this game is going to be great to very realistic liek you can shoot a bow and arrow to a sign and the sign will react liek it would in real life very kewl looking game!!!

how exciting
jarcelao
Vincent Vale wrote:
jarcelao wrote:

3. Diablo 1
5. Gothic
8. Gothic 2
14. Icewind Dale II
15. Dungeon Siege
17. Pool of Radiance

You are a man of brilliance...Diablo II and Baldurs Gate II are fantastic. I'm suprised no one has mentioned Final Fantasy 7 (which I think is the greatest game of all time) but whatever. RPG's = awesome.

hell yeah! how could i forgot final fantasy 7? Cool it's the best final fantasy ever.

what i am looking forward in RPG gaming scene is the release of the next chapter of the Elder Scrolls series... OBLIVION! I'm also looking forward for Gothic 3. Man, that rpg game series is awesome! one of the best! =)
rbooth
i dont really like role playing games usually but i heard recently that oblivion is coming out for the xbox 360 and with that consoles graphics it has got to be a must buy.
ddd2pt
I like Dungeon Siege 2 a lot, I did like not to like a lot of RPGs.
This reason I don't like the graphs a lot, but this owes of being in general rule of RPGs.
Monkeydog
jarcelao wrote:

hell yeah! how could i forgot final fantasy 7? Cool it's the best final fantasy ever.

meh FFVI>FFVII(and VI you could get on the computer...*evil laugh*)
Plus didn't the FFVII on the computer suck?

argh!
If it counts, the old Lucas Arts point and click adventures(Sam&Max, Day of the Tentacle, Monkey Island)are supposed to be awesome.
I've played a few Monkey Islands and part of DotT...
toms.cheats
i carnt wait for elder scrolls oblivion does any one kno the reaslse date in england?
Defsanguje
http://www.adom.de/
viper34
i reccomend u to play diablo 2 wit the expansion .. i know this game is quite old
but its a very awasome game ...
Lukrasha
fable on xbox is fun, but the new version for PC is fun also

I currently play Guild Wars, Face of Mankind, and Kal Online
darrell
http://www.conqueronline.com nice graphics
Jeff_vella_leone
darrell wrote:
http://www.conqueronline.com nice graphics

Cool seems a good game to me too, nice one
Thank you for the share
Darcey
What about Helbreath a OMRPG (Online Multiplayer RPG) game?
Check out on google it can be played for free and payed.
For free u have to do some couple of stuff..
orc_lord
hmm i think ultima online and world of warcrafts.
maybe daoc or anarchy online.
jarcelao
to tell the truth, i dont really enjoy MMORPG games. i dont know why. it doesnt have that much of appeal with me. i still prefer the old traditional single playe RPG experience.... Smile Cool
toms.cheats
i think morowind is by far the best rpg game i like fable to but its to short and you carnt do as much i think someone should mix them together so you can get the best of both games and i carnt waith fr oblivion does anyone know its realse date
jarcelao
toms.cheats wrote:
i think morowind is by far the best rpg game i like fable to but its to short and you carnt do as much i think someone should mix them together so you can get the best of both games and i carnt waith fr oblivion does anyone know its realse date

yeah! i definitely agree with you! you should also try gothic series. this RPG also rocks... definitely a game within my top 10 list of favorite RPG's of all time... Very Happy Cool
Dillian
1 - diablo 1
2 - diablo 2
3 - lineage
4 - world of warcraft
5 - knight online
6 - Rose
7 - KalOnline
jarcelao
Dillian wrote:
1 - diablo 1
2 - diablo 2
3 - lineage
4 - world of warcraft
5 - knight online
6 - Rose
7 - KalOnline

looks to me like you're a big MMORPG fan.. hehehe Very Happy Cool
Haku
Ragnarok 2 should be out soon. (www.ragnarok2.co.kr)
Guildwars is fun.
WoW is kinda cool.
Maple Story isn't that new but fun. (www.mapleglobal.com)
EvE Online (eveonline.com i think)
Anarchy Online (anarchyonline.com or somethin')
Tibia (tibia.com)
If your really bored you can play runescape (www.runescape.com)
Ragnarok Online ( www.ragnarokonline.com )
EverQuest (defenetly not new)
EverQuest 2 (new, i haven't tried it tho' )
Diablo 2
Counter-Strike WC3 Mod =)
UnholyIntention
Now you could try Guildwars 1 and 2
WOW has expansions!
D&D if your bored
And hopefully soon Warhammer will be coming out, I want to try that!
kenneth503
t recommend TES III Morrowind GOTY too
tcfblade
first Diablo 2, off course, but neverwinter is cool too, and for third, maybe fallout 2, the more bugger and free rpg that i ever play...

others:

- vampire-bloodlines
- WoW
- Final Fantasy VII and VII and tactics
- baldurs gate
- Heroes of Might and Magic
- Elders - Oblivon

etc etc...
ddukki
Monkeydog wrote:
jarcelao wrote:

meh FFVI>FFVII(and VI you could get on the computer...*evil laugh*)
Plus didn't the FFVII on the computer suck?
Yeah. It was really hard to race Chocobos with the keyboard schema, but if you had a controller plugged in, it was just like playing on the Playstation ... until XP came out and it was incompatible. Crying or Very sad
godofreality
Vincent Vale wrote:
jarcelao wrote:

3. Diablo 1
5. Gothic
8. Gothic 2
14. Icewind Dale II
15. Dungeon Siege
17. Pool of Radiance

omg yes final fantasy 7 is uber aweome that is hands down my favorite non-mmo type rpg but mostly i am into MMO right now i am playing a free MMO with a nice PvP system in it called Angels Online and they are about to release the full version and go out of open beta finally
Kelcey
I think most people love Oblivion.
achowles
If you're looking for something new on PC then I've heard good things about Mass Effect. Also, Fallout 3 is due out soon and that should rock the RPG world quite substantially, so keep an eye out for that one.

For something a bit older I'd recommend you get the Ultimate Dungeons & Dragons by Atari. It has Neverwinter Nights and its expansions along with the Icewind Dale and Balder's Gate games and expansions. It has a lot more in there too, but I won't list all that as well. You don't need more than that.

Other recommendations include Deus Ex, Morrowind and Knights of the Old Republic.
ongtw_boy
Final Fantasy VIII.

That's for sure!
Zuex
Fable
Final Fantasy 7
Nutteloos
I played Fable, and while nice enough for a change, I didn't find it that great of a game.

Oblivion was enjoyable for a while but without mods it grows repetitive very fast and the leveling system is quite awkward.

Games I could really recommend are the first two Fallout titles, and also Planescape: Torment.
Of course, only if you enjoy some depth and story to your games. Knights of the Old Republic was also great in that aspect.
smvh321
oblivion its a good one