FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Another shokking news: Stampede in Phnom Penh + 300 death

PGe-tips
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1332111/Dozens-feared-dead-following-stampede-Cambodian-festival.html
sad sad sad sad sad ... it seems like the Love Parade in Duisburg is just a small event (sic)
deanhills
I saw that on the news, and yes definitely, that is pretty grim. I'm really sorry it happened. I sometimes just wonder why it is not happening more regularly. I was once caught in one of those events where there were virtually thousands of people congregated in one shopping mall and I could not find an exit, as the security guards had converted all the visible exits to entrances. If someone had shouted "fire" and a stampede happened, people would most certainly have been crushed. It is a pity that it would have to take an occurrence like that for people to learn lessons. I seem to recall that it had happened during a soccer match in Johannesburg once, and then of course it took that stampede for people to make changes that probably should have been in place at the time when the stampede happened.
Nameless
Careless group mentality scares me sometimes ...