FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The Beatles finally on ITunes

richard270384
Thought this was worth mentioning.

The Beatles have always been the big hold out that refused to sell their songs on ITunes.

On 16 November, 2010 they finally changed their minds, and by 20 November they had 146 songs that had appeared on the ITunes charts.

The most popular song? Well, depending on how you look at it, it's probably 'Let it Be'. It's appeared on the ITunes charts the most (170 times) over the past 3 days. It's appeared on the charts in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK, US.

Check it out for yourself : http://www.music-chart.info/artist/61243/The-Beatles

So how long do you think the Beatles will dominate the ITunes Charts? Will the sales suddenly drop off? Or will they hang around for a while?
Ankhanu
Given that using iTunes you can encode all of your Beatles CDs to mp3... who cares?

Between legal digital copying of your legally purchased CDs and piracy, officially iTunes available tracks are irrelevant. It's hardly news.

That said, people will still be buying them. I predict they'll be near the top of the downloads for a couple months anyway.
richard270384
Ankhanu wrote:
Given that using iTunes you can encode all of your Beatles CDs to mp3... who cares?

Between legal digital copying of your legally purchased CDs and piracy, officially iTunes available tracks are irrelevant. It's hardly news.

That said, people will still be buying them. I predict they'll be near the top of the downloads for a couple months anyway.

I'm sure theres lots of people who care.

Officially? I didn't know iTunes had an official stance on the matter, and I doubt that their stance would be that.

But I think your right, they'll hang around on the charts for at least a few months. It's surprising because I would've thought nearly every one who liked the beatles would already own their CDs or have the songs they like some other way. Goes to show you that people will buy anything from iTunes if their available.
Ankhanu
richard270384 wrote:

Officially? I didn't know iTunes had an official stance on the matter, ...[/quote]

I meant simply that the songs are officially available for purchase through iTunes... not iTunes' stance on the matters of ripping and piracy. Really it's more a reference to iTunes receiving permission to provide the files, not a stance on a topic.

richard270384 wrote:
But I think your right, they'll hang around on the charts for at least a few months. It's surprising because I would've thought nearly every one who liked the beatles would already own their CDs or have the songs they like some other way. Goes to show you that people will buy anything from iTunes if their available.

Yeah, that was kinda my point Smile