FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

forum profile links - their value

medesignz
Even with related topic posts, are forum profile links really worth that much when it comes to PR/rankings? Or does the like (not having nofollow) have to be embedded within article content to matter much?
shkhanal
The best links are no doubt the links embedded inside the article but the signature links too do count. If the link is dofollow it is even better. There was a forum called Mazzako forum and because it had dofollow signature links, it boosted my site psexam.com heavily to score up to Google PR 5.

Whether the forum signature link is dofollow or nofollow and whether it helped you to score higher page rank or not, at any time these links can be the source of taffic. Because if you are participating forum properly and helping ohters, there are great chances that other forum members will visit your site to know what else the member is doing.
martinsherman
Forum signatures help to increase traffic. There are lots of forums available where you can create your profile with a link back to your website.
twotrophy
martinsherman wrote:
Forum signatures help to increase traffic. There are lots of forums available where you can create your profile with a link back to your website.

Thank you for this information. I never realized that before. But is it possible for search engines to think that such signatures are spam links as they are repetitive?
Peterssidan
twotrophy wrote:
martinsherman wrote:

Thank you for this information. I never realized that before. But is it possible for search engines to think that such signatures are spam links as they are repetitive?

I don't think they will punish you for it. Signature links are so frequent that search engines should know how to handle them.
playfungames
Well I was just going through google webmasters quality guidelines from the google website and I found out that forum links are not that great. Specially when it comes to signature links with anchors that are targeted towards your visitors are not useful at all.

I am not sure about the forum profile links, but I doubt it will be of any use because its from a forum and its not natural?
medesignz
To be honest, I dont think links work that well for Google at all nowadays. I could be wrong, but I think it is back to content now. Who said that?