FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

iPod second life

Tony The Tiger
My iPod froze up over the summer. I think I had dropped it a few too many times. Nothing I did could make the flywheel work. I used frequent player points in my Pokerstars account to order a new one. After charging up the new one, I charged up the old one just to see if it would budge. . .and it did. Now, I am using my old one regularly. I may keep one in the car and one with me or something. I don't know how the old one came back to life. Apparently, I am the only person who likes the old classic model. You can almost not find any classic cases at Office Depot, Staples, Best Buy or Radio Shack. They mostly carry touch model cases. When is the touch going to hold 100 GB so I can carry my whole library on one?
william
Well, considering the iPod Touch currently tops out at 64 GB of flash storage, I'm going to say one or two more generations, depending on how the price of flash media stands in September 2011. Actually, because the third generation had a 64 GB model as well, I wouldn't be surprised if the next one came with 128 GB. The price of the flash memory is going down, so yeah, I think the next release in September 2011 will probably have a 128 GB model. However, so far as I know, there are a couple flash based players out there that already have 128 GB of storage.
weableandbob
It will probably be a while until the Touch holds that much. Like william said, 1 or 2 more generations would probably do it, but there's no guarantee. If you still want to use your iPod Classic, you can get cases on Amazon and such.
Arseniy
The only reason why I bought Classic 160 gb is that I want to carry all my music with me. Well, yes, you can watch anime there comfortably and not trying to solve subtitles from dots.
I envy you a bit, because I've put a lot of money and a lot of nerves due to hard work to earn my iPod and you've got even two Smile
Tony The Tiger
william wrote:
Well, considering the iPod Touch currently tops out at 64 GB of flash storage, I'm going to say one or two more generations, depending on how the price of flash media stands in September 2011. Actually, because the third generation had a 64 GB model as well, I wouldn't be surprised if the next one came with 128 GB. The price of the flash memory is going down, so yeah, I think the next release in September 2011 will probably have a 128 GB model. However, so far as I know, there are a couple flash based players out there that already have 128 GB of storage.

Well, I can't wait. Right now my 160 GB classic says 66.7GB free. I definitely will be ready to make the jump. I suppose it will be 3 or 4 generations before the iPhone goes to 128 since it still only has 32 GB capacity in its most recent version.
william
Actually, it's up to 64 GB for this generation, which is reasonable (albeit expensive). Hard drive based players are still the way to go right now if you want a lot of storage. If you're looking for a touch screen player with over 100 GB of storage, have you checked out Archos?
ujjawall
gime me advise for open lock of ipod ple Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Tony The Tiger
william wrote:
Actually, it's up to 64 GB for this generation, which is reasonable (albeit expensive). Hard drive based players are still the way to go right now if you want a lot of storage. If you're looking for a touch screen player with over 100 GB of storage, have you checked out Archos?

I am now an apple tool. They have me locked in with 100GB of music files in my iTunes software. I might as well just keep buying Apple music players and combined hardware devices. I really look forward to the day when my phone has 100 GB of music on it. When apple can do this and make a GPS device to replace my stand alone Garmin, I will convert to the iPhone, which will probably be something like the iPhone 7. I do expect the next generation of iPod touches to accomodate my needs. I am eagerly awaiting next September.
Tony The Tiger
ujjawall wrote:
gime me advise for open lock of ipod ple Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

I know a bit about iPods, but I do not understand your question. Could you please rephrase it a bit more clearly in order that I may be able to lend you some assistance.