I've been using my microsoft XP for about two years now. But, two months ago, a friend of mine asked me to do an assignment for him and I accepted. So, I started by visiting the cybercafe & copying for the all information I needed to the usb flash and open it on my computer system. I did this about 5 times and afterward, when I tried to insert the usb flash again, the message I get is '...removable disk not installed, your device might not work properly'. I went to the control panel. It said the device is unknown- driver file missing, tried system restore but could restore it back to a previous restore point. Tried cleaning up the system(thought it was caused by a virus), I contacted microsoft, the instructions I got didn't work. Pls, what else can I do? Maybe I should buy a new system.
Try the thumbdrive on a different pc. Thumbdrives can break.
Yes, try it on a different PC. If it works there, it may just be Windows screwing up-think about re installing.
Try what other people are suggesting. Even if Windows is totally messed up, that's no reason to get a new PC - the hardware is still good to use, you just need to install a fresh operating system on it.
1. Do a system restore when your windows was still working. (for software related issues on you PC)
2. Plug the thumbdrive on other USB ports, remove any USB hub that you are using if there is.
3. If still doesn't work, check the voltage that is coming from your USB port. maybe, there is not enough power from your USB Port to make it work.
Try your drive in other Operating system like linux, ubunto ,apple if not work in windows xp. sometimes it work also. or refotmat it.
Your USB might be ruined by the short circuit USB port. Try to use the USB port at the back of your CPU or if you are using a laptop, try to use another USB port. Also try to use other computer. If it doesn't work you have to replace your USB.
If it doesnt work.
I always try this
1. restart my pc
2. try other thumb drive (if not try to access that thumbdrive with another computer)
3. decide if i should fix my computer or get a new thumb drive.