FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Why does EVERY "Favorite" thread get locked now?

damj
Why does EVERY "Favorite" thread get locked now, even the ones that don't meet the criteria, for example:

http://frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7946&highlight=
Jack_Hammer
I don't think that every thread is getting locked, that is just one example, lol
Wink
S3nd K3ys
This is why... http://frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5265
damj
Right, but unless this was previously posted (Rule #2), I don't see why it was locked.
tidruG
damj wrote:
Right, but unless this was previously posted (Rule #2), I don't see why it was locked.

Yeah, but Rule number 2 also states:
Quote:
2. Any Polls That Have Been Posted Before, Or Are Irrelevant Attempts At Spam
Wink

Unfortunately most "Favourite....?" threads are irrelevant attempts at spam. They don't have any discussion whatsoever, and just provide a way-too-easy way for people to simply get 5 posts and try requesting for an account.

Or perhaps some of the locked threads were locked because of this?:
Quote:
4. Favorite Movies/Books/Music - Post them in the appropriate forum.

(I haven't been able to spend too much time on the forum for the last 3-4 days, so I can't really give you a very good reply, but I think this is how the moderators work, and my reply is based on the general method of moderating on this site)
Nameless
It's a bit hard to define 'irrelevant attempts at spam' though. Take (for example) a topic about what someones favourite... oh, socks are. There's no reason people couldn't have a sensible discusion about the best kind of socks. Just veto banning everything seems a bit harsh.
damj
Right, I agree. There's a judgement call involved. Granted, dicussing your favorite beer isn't anywhere near the height of intellectual achievement, but it's still interesting, especially when you're always interested in trying diffent brands.
Jack_Hammer
The faviourite beer topic didn't start of as spam but then everyone just started posting in that topic regardless of what was being dicussed just posting their faviourite beer to get FriH$.
TreadStone
there are rules here..