FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

printing note?

Cliffer
i heard of the US is now printing more notes of dollar? is it true? how do you think about it?
harismushtaq
I don't know if they are printing more dollar bills or not but I do think something about this if this is done. Printing more bills without reserving something valuable against it will inflate the currency further. There may be some price hike and disbalance in production/consumption chain. In the fractional reserve system, it is common to print more notes in this way.
PGe-tips
they just want to support the US economy ... a nice side effect is a defacto devaluation of the Dollar compared to foreign currencies ... chances are high a currency war sets off.
ocalhoun
Well, I don't keep up with all the latest news... often too depressing... but I haven't heard that they stopped 'monetary easing' yet.

'monetary easing' being basically the printing of more money, though done in complicated ways, rather than just cranking up the printing press.