FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Wednesday, November 24, 2010 is National Opt-Out Day!

Navigator
Now this is interesting!

Quote:
It's the day ordinary citizens stand up for their rights, stand up for liberty, and protest the federal government's desire to virtually strip us naked or submit to an "enhanced pat down" that touches people's breasts and genitals. You should never have to explain to your children, "Remember that no stranger can touch or see your private area, unless it's a government employee, then it's OK."

The goal of National Opt Out Day is to send a message to our lawmakers that we demand change. No naked body scanners, no government-approved groping. We have a right to privacy and buying a plane ticket should not mean that we're guilty until proven innocent. This day is needed because many people do not understand what they consent to when choosing to fly.

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/217727-Wednesday-November-24-2010-is-National-Opt-Out-Day-
standready
Yes, interesting, in deed. I am more concern about the miscellaneous cargo in the bays then fellow passengers.
liljp617
Most people know precisely what they're getting into when they opt to fly. Most people would simply rather have peace of mind (or some illusion of it) over a bomb-infested flight. And give me a break, they don't sit there groping everyone's privates for fun.

meh, I'd rather see these people campaigning for opting out of the Patriot Act...then it might be noteworthy. This seems pointless and childish. Drive if you don't want security in your airports. Good luck getting across the Atlantic.