FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Skype or Hype

webapp
Skype The newest software on the block which allows you to make free calls to your pals across the world.........

Is it a hype or is it really worth $3 billion Ebay paid for it..
waiteck
Well.. If Ebay realy bought it, there is certainly a reason behind it. No one will simpy pay with no gain. Its acutally a business venture. One saying "No risk, no gain."
Jack_Hammer
Skype is good software and its free, so I don't see any reason they would of sold to EBay?
Ranfaroth
Skype is closed-source so potentially unsecure.
That's why French government decided to forbid it's use in research institutes and university...
ronitvohra
Skype Is the best Talking Chat............U can get......

Dont know how ebay gonna run it.............

But I love skype
kuad
I've never tried Skype. Not having a microphone doesn't help either lol
nntien
Oh! I think it is free!
And, perhaps many free software allow us to dial over the world.
Skype belongs to Ebay, we can use other similar.
That's right!
yjwong
Is there any difference? Most importantly, its still free!
corey
I read that Ebay may have plans to use Skype as part of a way for buyers and sellers to communicate better. Of course, it also makes sense that they get into communications if they want to continue to grow. Eventually, most communication will likely travel across the globe as packets, since its so much cheaper than its analog counterpart. But, then again, we may skip the whole thing for what's next.
biga57
I have been using skype for almost one year now. My regular tel. bill dived to unprecedent levels.
I use it both for work and leasure and I am very satisfied.
I also use the skype-out feature. It is not free but allows you to place calls at an incredibly low rate.
I do not feel like trying any other similar software at present. I did try headcall in the past but uninstalled this software pretty qickly.

I purchased a modem/gateway that allows to divert calls on a regular phone and allows forwarding skype calls to a phone.
I am testing this gateway modem at present.

To be honest I am not so satisfied with this purchase, however it is an interesting piece of equipment that , if it works properly, will make Skype even more powerful and cost saving.