FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Christians are pigs?





Bluedoll
I believe God is real and loves everyone. It does not matter what you believe
God loves all creations, like a father loves his children. Why if a little bird falls out of a tree, there is care, how much more for you. Yes, God even loves little pigs. Like a father, maybe he would like to give one or two a good wallop though.

The first early Christians, there was a one Judas of the early Christians that preferred silver to loyalty but not all Christians are pigs.

There has also been the faithful, caring that have given unselfishly their time and energy to do charitable things.

I have faith that all things in the universe are working for a purpose.
Leviticus 11:7
Da Rossa
I really don't actually see the "pigness" in the Christians. Please enlighten me.
Bluedoll
@Da Rossa
Faith is belief in things not seen yet. I believe in Jesus Christ. I also believe God will set things right.

I have little faith in this place for reasonable discussion of these subjects.
It is a snake pit where Christians are fry-boiled and ridiculed, set afire with insults and belittling until the sacrificial smoke is disturbing. It is an unsettling and constant slander that will never cease anywhere within its walls.

With time, watch it unfold and tell me I am wrong?
I will have only delight if I find out I am wrong but my belief for now is, I am not wrong.

Christians are like little animals that are forbidden for slaughter but it will happen because of their human weakness. Everything has a purpose.

Not all, some are lambs.
watersoul
"Christians are pigs?"

My instinct would be to say overall no, most are probably not. Many christian groups provide outstanding outreach work in my country, helping the poor, comforting the lonely, and many other services based on their Christian-like love for fellow man.

As far as the "Christians" who try to kill doctors that perform certain "pro choice" medical procedures, well, they could fall under the pig label, but I think that even disrespects pigs to be honest.
There are also the occasional Evangelical Christian groups which do seek out the vulnerable and assist them under the condition/assumption they join the flock, maybe their predatory actions could be considered unacceptable (it happened to me many many years ago while homeless), but again, I can't see pigs doing that.

Like any faith based group, there are dangerous extremists and easy going folk at each end of the spectrum, but mostly just regular people usually. The "pigs" in life are the people who try to force any faith on others, or the people who try to suppress the right of all people to have any faith of love toward fellow man.
Da Rossa
I kinda agree with everything watersoul just said.

Christians are pigs? Not at all.

Are there some pigs inside Christian groups. Yes.

Shall the entire Christianity pay for them? No.

Are the Christians good people? IMO yes.

Pope Benedict XVI said that the next thing that will attack the Christians, the Catholics in particular, are the wave of ridicule. He already told us to stand strong.
watersoul
Da Rossa wrote:

Pope Benedict XVI said that the next thing that will attack the Christians, the Catholics in particular, are the wave of ridicule. He already told us to stand strong.


As an individual with an impartial view on faith and deities, I would say that makes sense.
If I were in any particular camp of religion my message to the world would be "I believe this or that because...", not "This is the truth or not".
People are far more educated and questioning these days so if only for PR success I would avoid anything that would open up my beliefs to ridicule. More stress on the benefits of the faith based community where everyone helps each other out etc.

Like I say though, I'm looking at this purely as if I were managerially running the organisation itself, not as someone influenced by the organisations particular mission statement.
Greatking
To say that Christians are pigs is like to say that Christ is a Pig. God forbid.

Christians uphold the Christlike attitude, as we live through this sin trodden world, full of wickedness in the hearts of men.

Christians believe in something that cannot be seen with the naked eyes, that is faith. For we do not set our eyes on things that is on the earth but on things that is in heaven, for the things that are on earth are temporary but the things that are in heaven are eternal.

It is with the heart that one believes, and the mouth that we confess unto salvation.

Anyone can choose what they will believe, even God has given us the free will to choose. There are some people who believe but have not fully received the Holy Spirit into their lives to take control, make and mold them.

You cannot say that Christians are pigs; that's far from their real identity. God loves every single human being on earth including those who do not believe in Him.

He cares for everyone equally, only yearning and waiting that His own will return to Him.
Bluedoll
@watersoul
I understand your concerns and one really has to wonder if what is happening around the world id right? As far as the force goes. I say do not go with the dark side of the force. (starwars)
Think the rule of the thumb is for Christians to ask “what would Jesus do?” In reality, it is really what will Jesus Christ do! I know for unbelievers it is a big question mark but if we consider a spirit of anything can be powerful? We know love is powerful, right?
“Come over and listen to my words if you wish is”, says Jesus, is more likely.

I do not agree with overzealous religious groups. They are like attention seeking little puppies. God is there for people sometimes in very mysterious ways but no one should force anything on anyone.

Education and questioning is good providing we use our freedom for a good purpose?

@Da Rossa
Seems everything is working as it should then.
Wink

@Greatking
Christ is the shepherd. Well it was only a simile and from what I’ve heard as domesticated house pets they can actually be loveable creatures and cleaned up too.
Da Rossa
Quote:
@Da Rossa
Seems everything is working as it should then.


Yeah I hope so. Things are not very good in the other topic...
watersoul
Bluedoll wrote:
@watersoul
I understand your concerns and one really has to wonder if what is happening around the world id right? As far as the force goes. I say do not go with the dark side of the force. (starwars)


I'm with you there, if there is any kind of spiritual bone inside me then it's related to chasing goodness and not badness.

I personally think more scientifically than spiritually, but I've developed a pseudo-scientific crossover concept over the years:

Magnetism - North & South
Electric charge - Positive & Negative
Ion - Anion
Etc Etc

Acts of love - Acts of hate

I always chase "acts of love", with my considerations in most life choices being "is this a nice and/or the right thing to do?".
This can be complex at times with the many different considerations of any decision that sometimes needs to be made. But as long as my mind is not clouded by "does god or a particular scripture agree?", it free's me up to look at the wider picture and make a more reasoned decision based on the real lives who share my life path.

This is all without any direction by religious texts, just common sense to me - the world is nicer if we're all nice to each other.
And linking back to your OP, there are religious extremist "pigs" of all sides who would serve the world better by worrying less about what their god/scripture says, and more about what is the most reasonable and kindest option providing the greatest example of love for the many.
Ankhanu
Bluedoll wrote:
I believe God is real and loves everyone. It does not matter what you believe
God loves all creations, like a father loves his children. ...

Greatking wrote:
You cannot say that Christians are pigs; that's far from their real identity. God loves every single human being on earth including those who do not believe in Him.

He cares for everyone equally, only yearning and waiting that His own will return to Him.


If this is true, why would God condemn unbelievers who live good lives to eternal torment in Hell? That's not equal love, that's exceptional hate.

This is a point for which Christians could be considered pigs (most other "pig" points are simple hypocrisy and general human error, so we'll ignore those for now), they're accepting of a religion that condemns unbelievers, no matter how righteous, to eternal torture and torment in hellfire for the very minor slight of unbelief... Supporting a religion that espouses this sort of grievous amorality is , in my opinion, quite disgusting.

If God loved me, he would not sentence me to an eternity of pain.
watersoul
Ankhanu wrote:
...they're accepting of a religion that condemns unbelievers, no matter how righteous, to eternal torture and torment in hellfire for the very minor slight of unbelief... Supporting a religion that espouses this sort of grievous amorality is , in my opinion, quite disgusting.

If God loved me, he would not sentence me to an eternity of pain.


The religion (as others) is built on "faith" that the god giving the rules out is unquestionable, that's why some Christians actively want to "save" others. I myself face the burning hell idea in other peoples minds, but I'll happily explain to any god, given the chance, that I think they were unreasonable when I've lived a good life and simply "failed to be convinced in his/her existence".

...I am not offended by anyone thinking their god is cross with me for whatever reason, even if I disagree with the god (or his/her existence) myself.
Ankhanu
Same here Smile
But in the meantime, I do find it mildly offensive that the majority of Christians are just fine with the idea that someone else will go to hell for eternal torture. Those who actively try to save are a minority, and, as annoying as attempted salvation may be, I suppose that they at least have what they perceive as the good of the unbeliever in mind and are concerned about their potential discomfort.

That sort of saving Christian is a little bit of an issue on the moral front; on the one hand, they care and have concern about the other person... on the other hand, they are disrespectful of the belief structure of the unbeliever and their right to live and believe as they see fit. Which is the worse position? It's a pretty tough question to answer, and I'm not entirely sure which I'd choose...

nah, maybe not... at least the Christian who is ok with me being tortured is quiet about it Wink
shinodan
Everyone has a faith
I don't think you should collectively label a religion "pigs" because there are millions of people who follow that, and i bet more than half of them are lovely, straight edge members of society, and to have someone take such an uneducated stab at their faith, is just disrespectful.

for the record, I'm an atheist, but I'm not Nieve enough to believe my opinions are fact, i realise there's a world full of people of all different faiths. I might not agree with their faiths, but i would never disrespect them because they believe it.
LittleBlackKitten
The reason those unbelievers go to hell and suffer is because they have been presented with the truth, the facts that Christ has presented to us all, the gift to be able to enter in to heaven, and it has been rejected. It's the point that they've brought it voluntarily upon themselves, because they have decided to ignore the truth.

Just as you would cut off a gangrene limb would God cut off the unholiness from the body of the Church, the believers.

We have earned our place in heaven by accepting the truth; those who reject it have chosen their place in hell...

That's the basic concept.


In the same respect, it might be harsh, but the line that devides is paper thin, and there is no middle ground - that's why it seems so harsh, but people decide to be there on their own. The way to cross has been laid out; there is no other way.
LittleBlackKitten
Excuse me Ankhanu, but your post seems contradictory to the intention of the OP and seems argumentory. I won't be replying to you, as it would put myself in violation of the rules.
Afaceinthematrix
Leviticus 11:7 says, "The pig has evenly split hooves but does not chew the cud, so it is unclean."

So are you relating tour fellow Christians to pigs because you're all "unclean?" What about all the non-Christians, sexual perverts, etc.? Wouldn't they [myself included] be the unclean ones? I think this passage in Leviticus isn't trying to relate anyone to pigs. I think it is telling you not to eat pork. Actually, I think this is the verse that Jews use to justify not eating pork but Christians still eat pork because your savior brought you the new law...

I think Christians are more like sheep because you follow your god and "the Lord is your shepherd." I think I even can produce bible versus to back up my claim that Christians are more like sheep.

Matthew 25:31-46

It's too long to post here and I'm sure you own at least one bible (I even own a couple)...

LittleBlackKitten wrote:
The reason those unbelievers go to hell and suffer is because they have been presented with the truth, the facts that Christ has presented to us all, the gift to be able to enter in to heaven, and it has been rejected. It's the point that they've brought it voluntarily upon themselves, because they have decided to ignore the truth.

Just as you would cut off a gangrene limb would God cut off the unholiness from the body of the Church, the believers.

We have earned our place in heaven by accepting the truth; those who reject it have chosen their place in hell...

That's the basic concept.


In the same respect, it might be harsh, but the line that devides is paper thin, and there is no middle ground - that's why it seems so harsh, but people decide to be there on their own. The way to cross has been laid out; there is no other way.


But not everyone is presented with the "truth." A large percentage of the world's population still has their own aboriginal religions and so converting to Christianity would be next to impossible for them. So what happens to them? They weren't, as you say, "presented with the truth, the facts that Christ has presented to us all, the gift to be able to enter in to heaven, and it has been rejected."

[Disclaimer]
I am sure that I followed the rules of the "faith" forum because I completely related Christians to livestock - just as the OP did. I just happen to disagree on the livestock and so I, very politely, posted bible verses to back up my completely, non-atheistic, Christian claim.
Ankhanu
LittleBlackKitten wrote:
Excuse me Ankhanu, but your post seems contradictory to the intention of the OP and seems argumentory. I won't be replying to you, as it would put myself in violation of the rules.


I would disagree, seeing as the OP is regarding God's love no matter one's belief. My posts address this idea, demonstrating that God's love is, in fact, conditional based on the religion centered on that particular deity.

Feel free, however, to report my post and allow the mods to make their decision on the matter.
watersoul
Ankhanu wrote:
My posts address this idea, demonstrating that God's love is, in fact, conditional based on the religion centered on that particular deity.


I see your reasoning there, and I too struggle to see how the Christian God can love me yet condemn me to hell just because I have not been convinced of his existence. Perhaps it's similar to when I once slapped my son's hand away from some glassware in a shop when he was young, I made him cry but still loved him at the time?

Poor analogy I know, but that's the worst thing I've done to my son and it was more to prevent injury/damage and not because he didn't belive in me.

...regarding the level of debate here, I'm of the mind that we're all feeling our way as to what is acceptable or not, but questions and statements when someone doesn't understand elements of anothers faith are acceptable to me if shared politely.
I'm more than happy for anyone to challenge/question/seek clarification about my own post about My "Faith" is in myself - it's just not allowed here to say "that's wrong"
deanhills
Bluedoll, I'm a little puzzled with your question whether Christians are pigs? I don't understand what you are trying to accomplish with this thread?

In my experience some Christians can be pigs, but by the same definition some atheists too. Not all atheists are pigs, and not all Christians or Buddhists or Muslims etc. People are people and all of them relate differently to one another as well. One person may regard another as being a pig, whereas another person not.
Bluedoll
@Deanhills
I like pigs so my reference to them was not necessarily spiteful. From my viewpoint pigs can be just as easily little happy, intelligent, loveable and even funny creatures. Jesus often used illustrations like sheep or goats in his discussions.

The reference to Leviticus 11:7 shows me that God does care for (in those days it was a concern what was healthy to eat). Perhaps, in modern times we should be move vigilant to what we choose to eat up in regards to words. I believe, I will listen to the teacher and the words written by the apostles in the bible.

Originally the intention was to make reference to the (perhaps this should have appeared in the op) twelve Christian. Simon Peter, Andrew, James the son of Zebedee, John, Philip, Bartholomew, Thomas, Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, Thaddaeus, Simon and Judas Iscariot. If offense be taken, let it rest on Judas who accepted coinage.

If I wanted this post to accomplish something it would be to demonstrate this.

Although (all o.p.’s original ‘postles) were selected by Jesus Christ and were not perfect at all. This act demonstrates that all things need not be perfect to accomplish. Even Judas had his role to play. All things have their little contributions to make and God is very aware of it.

deanhills
Bluedoll wrote:
Originally the intention was to make reference to the (perhaps this should have appeared in the op) twelve Christian. Simon Peter, Andrew, James the son of Zebedee, John, Philip, Bartholomew, Thomas, Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, Thaddaeus, Simon and Judas Iscariot. If offense be taken, let it rest on Judas who accepted coinage.
No offense was taken Bluedoll. I was just puzzled where you were going with the pigs line, and now I have more or less an idea what it is about. I guess pigs can be quite cute, but the ones that first came into mind when I read the title of the thread were the lazy, fat and grunting pigs, the ones that roll around in mud and would eat all kinds of foods. Smile But no offense taken at all. Just a question of having been puzzled.
jajarvin
Christians are pigs? Probably not.
Pigs are intelligent animals in any case.
LxGoodies
Deanhills wrote:
I guess pigs can be quite cute, but the ones that first came into mind when I read the title of the thread were the lazy, fat and grunting pigs

Well @Dean to be honest, I also find this title very misleading. When I first read it on the board, I expected to find some very offensive story about christians being pigs. As a sceptic, I would disagree of course, because IMHO no human, whether believer or non-believer, should be called "a pig". That is racism. Now... I've read the OP and Bluedoll's followup submits. These sound like spreading the gospel (as usual) with pigs in the role of cute little piggies that should be loved. How disappointed I am now ! I cannot defend my christian friends against some evil marxist, muslim or hindu fundamentalist !

Bluedoll wrote:
God even loves little pigs. Like a father

The only on-topic comment I can make: no, dear @Bluedoll, christians are not pigs. Nor do they love pigs. They eat pigs. And the pig meat is made so cheap, that these cute little piggies are to be slaughtered (that is executed) in massive amounts, in our bio-industries. I don't see any love in that..

LittleBlackKitten wrote:
The reason those unbelievers go to hell and suffer is because (... etc etc) That's the basic concept.

.. and I don't see any love in that one either.

I wish the ladies a very happy Valentines day Razz

Lx
BigGeek
I've read all the posts in this thread and this reminds me of conversations with my devout Christian Mother. I love my mother very much, and in my 20's I dropped my Christian faith. She has been very concerned for my salvation ever since and asks me about returning to church to reaffirm my faith in Christ. Being a Scientist by education and and Engineer by vocation I no longer hold any sort of Christian beliefs, this is after a childhood spent in Bible study classes and being confirmed in a Christian Church.

Conversation:
Mother - Why don't you attend Church with us today?
Me - Mom you know I don't go to church or believe in the Bible or Christ any more.
Mother - Yes but going to Church is good for the soul and your friends in the Church would love to see you.
Me- Mom I see my friends from your Church all the time, and they are fine with me not attending, and I really do not feel a need to go.
Mother - You think we are all stupid for a beliefs in Christ!!!
Me - Mom, I do not think any one in Church is stupid, I just don't share their beliefs any more.
Mother - I must have failed raising you for you to reject the Church and Christ this way!!
Me - Mom, you did a great job raising myself and my brothers and sisters, my loss of faith has nothing to do with how you raised me. I love you and my family very much, I just do not hold the same religious beliefs that you do, now can we just agree to disagree and end this conversation.

As you can see I deal with this line of questioning about my loss of faith quite a bit, and I can honestly tell you that I do not think that Christians or any other human being is a pig, and I like pigs they are cute, even the big ones that roll around in the mud and grunt, and they are very smart animals!!

As far as Christians claiming that I'm gonna burn in hell for shunning the Church and Christ, I've heard that before and that is their opinion as to what will happen when I die, it is not mine.

I do think that one of the great things that is happening these days is that people can openly discuss their religious and spiritual views, and do so in opposition to the Christian Church without fear of being tortured or put to death. This is something that needed to happen in the world and as more people are allowed to fully examine their religious views and question them without fear of physical world abuse that many such as myself MAY/MIGHT make the decision that they no longer believe in the Christian Faith.

And as far as Christians go they are some of my best friends and really really good people, belief in Christ does not make them bad people in my book at all, my family are all Christians and I love them very much, nothing wrong with the Religion at all, it is just not for me, and if you would like to discuss why I would be happy to tell you!!!!

We are all human after all!!
TheLimey
Pigs... that isn't kosher... haha.. get it?.. no?....oooh Sad
crazyfffan
What exactly is this topic about? An insult to Chritianity?
And I never see any pig in the bible. There are sheep and shepherds cows and cattlemen, no pig.
SonLight
crazyfffan wrote:
What exactly is this topic about? An insult to Chritianity?
And I never see any pig in the bible. There are sheep and shepherds cows and cattlemen, no pig.


Bible wrote:
(Matt 8:28 [ESV2011])
And when he came to the other side, to the country of the Gadarenes, two demon-possessed men met him, coming out of the tombs, so fierce that no one could pass that way.

(Matt 8:29 [ESV2011])
And behold, they cried out, “What have you to do with us, O Son of God? Have you come here to torment us before the time?”

(Matt 8:30 [ESV2011])
Now a herd of many pigs was feeding at some distance from them.

(Matt 8:31 [ESV2011])
And the demons begged him, saying, “If you cast us out, send us away into the herd of pigs.”

(Matt 8:32 [ESV2011])
And he said to them, “Go.” So they came out and went into the pigs, and behold, the whole herd rushed down the steep bank into the sea and drowned in the waters.


In most pre-1980 versions of the Bible, the word "swine" is used instead of "pigs".
zimmer
i think the subject is not gives realities and i just want to know why are Christians are pig? Whats wrong with PIG by the way?

Pigs is part of animals which can have a good protein.
Bluedoll
I've not been on this thread for quite some time but I will answer this question. What is wrong with PIG? A wild pig or boar can be representative of any person really, that takes on the same characteristics.
Quote:
“The Wild Boar has incredibly poor eyesight due to it's very small-sized eyes” - http://a-z-animals.com/animals/wild-boar/


These animals have characteristics that we should be aware of. They can travel in packs and if you have something of value can hurt you with their sharp little tusks.
Related topics
islam is...
my pigs in our farm.
Taiwan breeds green-glowing pigs
Are christians educated?
Christians riot and attack Muslims
To live and suffer... To die and live...
To the Christians, this is why I don't fear hell.
When last did God talk to you and how did He? (Christians)
questions for Christians
I :heart: the NYPD...
why do christians make prophet jesus as a god?
Religion: The Root of All Evil?
Most Christians do not read the Bible, this is a fact!
ABC: Christians and Atheists to Debate the Existence of God!
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Lifestyle and News -> Faith

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.