FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Frihost from the Past???

Blaster
I don't know if anyone has ever looked at this website but there is one that Archives the evolution to websites. Although this isn't as far back as I was looking for here is what frihost used to look like. I thought It would be neat to show people how far frihost has come.

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://frihost.com/forums
watersoul
Oh my gosh I remember loads of those old topics, good find Blaster! Smile
Blaster
Yea I wish I could find it from when I first started coming here.... The market place was in the same catagory as general chat... I miss those days
Vrythramax
he he ... I was locking pointless topics even way back then Laughing

Nice find Blaster!
Blaster
haha... Max when did you become a mod... it wasn't until 07 right... I remember like april of 06 is when we got a bunch of new ones.
Vrythramax
Blaster wrote:
haha... Max when did you become a mod... it wasn't until 07 right... I remember like april of 06 is when we got a bunch of new ones.

I'm not exactly sure, but that site you mention here showed me locking a thread in '06. Hobopelican and I made mod on the same day...and we also made AC on the same day.

I wonder what ever became of him, haven't seen hide nor hair of him in ages. Sad
Blaster
You and bikerman are the only two mods that i see now a days. Well I guess your right then. I lost time over the years... Where have the last almost 5 years gone?
Ghost Rider103
Blaster wrote:
You and bikerman are the only two mods that i see now a days. Well I guess your right then. I lost time over the years... Where have the last almost 5 years gone?

I know im a ghost, but cant you see my posts? Laughing

I was looking at that web arhive thing a couple months ago. Quit cool to see. Its unfortunate that the design elements of frihost haven't changed much.
Blaster
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
Blaster wrote:

I was looking at that web arhive thing a couple months ago. Quit cool to see. Its unfortunate that the design elements of frihost haven't changed much.

that rhymed...

I forgot your here too...
Vrythramax
Blaster wrote:
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
Blaster wrote:

that rhymed...

I forgot your here too...

nahhh...Ghost Rider103 is merely a figment of your imagination caused by a vitamin deficiency...try more leafy vegetables Laughing
Blaster
Well now I didn't want to be so up front about that.... He might have feelings now... I don't know anything about these things.
Ghost900
Interesting that it archived the entire forum. I have looked at a number of sites from the Wayback Machine and it is fun watching site designs change though some sites only get a partial archive. FriHost hasn't changed much in the years that its been around design wise but the main part, the content has changed as the forum posts get buried and new ones are created. Some of the posts are interesting to go and look back at and seeing the past discussions though people randomly resurrect old posts anyway though they are often some of the worse posts. Very Happy

Quote:
The Internet Archive Wayback Machine contains almost 2 petabytes of data and is currently growing at a rate of 20 terabytes per month.

The Wayback machine is quite massive.
soljarag
ha, I like the old logo.. reminds me of "that 70's show"
missdixy
Awwww!!!! The old Bolt.com!!!! Haha. Man, how I loved that website. It was the first online community I ever participated in, back when I was just barely in middle school.

Also where I met my first "online boyfriend" lololol oh my haha.
LostOverThere
Whoa, it's all coming back to me. I remember how all the forums were set out vertically, so by the time you scrolled to the bottom you needed a new mouse.

And that logo...
airh3ad
Yeah thanks for sharing i remember searching free hosting i found this website . great way back..remembering..
standready
Oh no! I'm having flashback!!!
tingkagol
Nothing has changed much. I do prefer having the forums display its total posts/views.
Bondings
tingkagol wrote:
Nothing has changed much. I do prefer having the forums display its total posts/views.

I'll try to add the total posts per forum somewhere. I shouldn't have removed it in the first place. Although the more compact layout was needed.