FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Teacher is God





debjitbiswas
TEACHER IS GOD

Reverence for teachers is a part of our tradition. The most ancient literature of the world, the Vedas have observed,"Matrudevo Bhava, Pitrudevo Bhava,Acharyadevo Bhava" i.e., mother is god, father is god and teacher is god. After the parents the teachers were given highest regards
by then society. Our ancient prayer sings,

"Guruh Brahma Guruh Vishnu Guruh devo Maheswarah
Guru sakshath Para Brahma tasmai sri guruve Namah"

It means teacher is Lord Brahma Lord Vishnu and Lord Maheswara.These are Hindu Gods. As per Hindu mythology, Bruhaspathi is teacher for gods. Even if the god as a human being comes onto the earth, He has to approach the Teacher. When Lord Vishnu came onto the earth as Rama,He had Viswamitra and Vasistha as his teachers. When He came as Krishna, He had Saandeepani as his teacher. Saint Kabir once said " If teacher and god both would stand before me, I bow to my teacher who guides me to god."

The future of any country depends upon the role played the members of the teaching community. They have an important position in the society. They play the role of second parent by taking care of their students and show them the right way to success. They develop in their students the qualities to lead disciplined lives.

A teacher can command provided he is perfect in his teaching and sincere towards his duties. He should deal with his students with a deep sense of moral obligation and treat them with affection. For students a good teacher is god .His words are considered to be the final verdict by the students if a teacher desires, he can bring change in the personality and attitude of the students under his influence. The students should not cut jokes upon the Teachers and should not insult them, because " the Teachers are Gods on the earth and they visible Gods."
The-Nisk
debjitbiswas wrote:
TEACHER IS GOD

Reverence for teachers is a part of our tradition. The most ancient literature of the world, the Vedas have observed,"Matrudevo Bhava, Pitrudevo Bhava,Acharyadevo Bhava" i.e., mother is god, father is god and teacher is god. After the parents the teachers were given highest regards
by then society. Our ancient prayer sings,

"Guruh Brahma Guruh Vishnu Guruh devo Maheswarah
Guru sakshath Para Brahma tasmai sri guruve Namah"

It means teacher is Lord Brahma Lord Vishnu and Lord Maheswara.These are Hindu Gods. As per Hindu mythology, Bruhaspathi is teacher for gods. Even if the god as a human being comes onto the earth, He has to approach the Teacher. When Lord Vishnu came onto the earth as Rama,He had Viswamitra and Vasistha as his teachers. When He came as Krishna, He had Saandeepani as his teacher. Saint Kabir once said " If teacher and god both would stand before me, I bow to my teacher who guides me to god."

The future of any country depends upon the role played the members of the teaching community. They have an important position in the society. They play the role of second parent by taking care of their students and show them the right way to success. They develop in their students the qualities to lead disciplined lives.

A teacher can command provided he is perfect in his teaching and sincere towards his duties. He should deal with his students with a deep sense of moral obligation and treat them with affection. For students a good teacher is god .His words are considered to be the final verdict by the students if a teacher desires, he can bring change in the personality and attitude of the students under his influence. The students should not cut jokes upon the Teachers and should not insult them, because " the Teachers are Gods on the earth and they visible Gods."


you so baked man Cool
chatrack
These will match for an ideal teacher. Thanks for reminding
bukaida
Teacher is just another human being who tries to show the right path. Thats why he is called "Guru" or the guide. It is the job of the student to walk through it. Knowing the path and walking the path are different.
shivaghimire
Teacher is a job which guides us to do many jobs. Teachers catch our hand make us follow in right path which is good for our life. Knowledge is third eye of a man but we don't know how to use it and teacher teaches us to use our third eye. This eye is much more powerful than our two eyes. We have example of Hellen Killer who was blind, deaf and dumb(at child hood age) but she could read, write and even use computer that because of her teacher. She used third eye to learn and her teacher taught her to use her third eye. So teacher is god because they teach us to live and give us ways to live.
deanhills
I don't believe teachers are God, but I do believe they have a very important role to play in the role of our lives. They most certainly made a great impact on my life. I think we get two kinds of teachers. Ones who are born to it and whose vocation is to teach from the day they are born, and others who have to learn to teach. Of the two the former is the one that can make the greatest difference because it is something of instinct that can naturally reach out to children. The latter is also noble, but there are teachers who maybe should not be teachers and could be harmful to those they are teaching.
uchejohn
For a country to have a bright future, there must be adequate learning environment for her children.
Teachers help to make this dream real. In this view i may say that teachers are good.
zhaoying
Some teachers are devil
linux1993
I think teacher is not god. In American universities, especially the great ones, students and teachers are more likely friends.
standready
Teachers are second to parents in education of children. Too bad most parents show no interest in their children education leaving that to the 'teachers' only.
romeryto
Depends of the teacher
bluepig83
I strongly disagree with that phrase. Yes, teachers should be honored and respected, but when you talk about their word being final, that seems to be quite dangerous. Let's not even begin to talk about bad teachers. Let's just take a great teacher who enjoys helping his/her students to learn. As a great a teacher as a person may be, they are still human with all the flaws and foibles that come with being human. Even if the teacher is knowledgeable in his/her subject, there is still the potential for human error. If you unquestioning believe everything a teacher tells you without any further independent thought or research, then that is a sad thing. I'm not saying that you doubt everything that you hear, but there is something to be said about forming your own thoughts and opinions. I would give a teacher the benefit of the doubt, and use what they've said as the starting point in developing my own thoughts. But I wouldn't recommend taking it as infallible doctrine.
albiemer
debjitbiswas wrote:
TEACHER IS GOD

Reverence for teachers is a part of our tradition. The most ancient literature of the world, the Vedas have observed,"Matrudevo Bhava, Pitrudevo Bhava,Acharyadevo Bhava" i.e., mother is god, father is god and teacher is god. After the parents the teachers were given highest regards
by then society. Our ancient prayer sings,

"Guruh Brahma Guruh Vishnu Guruh devo Maheswarah
Guru sakshath Para Brahma tasmai sri guruve Namah"

It means teacher is Lord Brahma Lord Vishnu and Lord Maheswara.These are Hindu Gods. As per Hindu mythology, Bruhaspathi is teacher for gods. Even if the god as a human being comes onto the earth, He has to approach the Teacher. When Lord Vishnu came onto the earth as Rama,He had Viswamitra and Vasistha as his teachers. When He came as Krishna, He had Saandeepani as his teacher. Saint Kabir once said " If teacher and god both would stand before me, I bow to my teacher who guides me to god."

The future of any country depends upon the role played the members of the teaching community. They have an important position in the society. They play the role of second parent by taking care of their students and show them the right way to success. They develop in their students the qualities to lead disciplined lives.

A teacher can command provided he is perfect in his teaching and sincere towards his duties. He should deal with his students with a deep sense of moral obligation and treat them with affection. For students a good teacher is god .His words are considered to be the final verdict by the students if a teacher desires, he can bring change in the personality and attitude of the students under his influence. The students should not cut jokes upon the Teachers and should not insult them, because " the Teachers are Gods on the earth and they visible Gods."


Teacher in pedagogy is a guide for the person who don't know the moral act, because of this statement that there's no father can produce a good son said by socrates"
Talib
I disagree bcoz teacher may have mistake but God can't do mistake.
rjraaz
Talib wrote:
I disagree bcoz teacher may have mistake but God can't do mistake.


Yes, definitely things/persons those are not exist in real life can't do mistake.
inuyasha
Just want to mention "God" can be a derogatory term sometimes~
D'Artagnan
It's sad that here in brazil , teachers get so little in terms of respect and reconigtion

Talib wrote:
I disagree bcoz teacher may have mistake but God can't do mistake.


rjraaz wrote:
Talib wrote:
I disagree bcoz teacher may have mistake but God can't do mistake.


Yes, definitely things/persons those are not exist in real life can't do mistake.


WHY THE F*CK You guy are turning a discussion about one of the most beautiful and honored professions in the world , a idiotic atheism X religion discussion? you guys need to go back to school and learn about methafors...
mshafiq
i do not think that teachers are god.i think they are very important person and respectful person for us.because they have very important impact on our lives.if you have a good teacher means it makes your life.
jajarvin
I workd as teacher over 10 years time. It was fun, but I was only an ordinary guy.
Mrs Lycos
I really respect Indian people's vision towards teachers. It is giving indeed a prominent position in the whole society structure to teachers, just below parents, and together, their main duty is to educate and guide children towards God - and therefore are an "extension" of God, it the interpretation could be taken valid and without disrespect.
Perhaps in less religion-bond societies, like modern Western societies, it may be a concept a bit difficult to grasp, and I think that could be a reason why teachers do not have such an important role in their structure.
But something from debjitbiswas words I think remains true in any society:

debjitbiswas wrote:

The future of any country depends upon the role played the members of the teaching community. They have an important position in the society. They play the role of second parent by taking care of their students and show them the right way to success. They develop in their students the qualities to lead disciplined lives.


If we do not treat our teachers with the proper respect, we will be losing the quality of our future. And by respect I mean not only physical or verbal, not using offensive words, etc -which is something normal nowadays- but also in terms of economical and social rewards: a good salary, good academic training, and most of all, social recognition.
friend2012
Depends of the persons mentality. People are what he/she thinks.
If he cares about students and intends to nurture them, he shall rightly take place of god in their life.
Instead if he more interested in money or does not care about the students, then they are just another professions.

Thats all.
Related topics
Mistake
Teacher's Day
Teacher - Students question
Conversations With God
God of War
God Of War
Student and Teacher Conversation!!
Christianity: Why does God ask for kindness to others?
Mother Theresa Doubted the Existence of God
DOES GOD EXIST?-- the grand old debate
[Official] God - NO LONGER A STICKY
Students Teacher Relationship
How to Talk to God.
Is it possible to believe in God and science?
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Lifestyle and News -> Jobs and Learning

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.