FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Posting Images and Video?

LittleBlackKitten
I can't properly post image tags or embed a video; I can only post a link. Is there something my account is missing, do I just need to be a member longer, get to the next user level, or what? I've seen other users post images. This is what happens:

[img]http://littleblackkitten.deviantart.com/#/d2roe5x[/img]

Just code. Does ANYONE else see the image?
Bondings
No, it's not working for me either. I think it is due to the characters and/or the missing image extension.

In any case, the link you specified seems to go to a page instead of to an image. But if I use the link to the main image on that page, it should work (unless hotlinking is disabled):

Code:
[img]http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/163/0/3/Outshine_by_LittleBlackKitten.jpg[/img]

About video, it only works with youtube and you need to put the youtube id between the youtubue tags.
LittleBlackKitten
Let me test this code:

Apparently the code which works on various other forums doesn't work here; I can post indirect links to dA and it will post just the image, but in this instance, it won't.
Bondings
I guess this is due to the forum software (phpBB2) we use, so you'll need to use the longer url unfortunately.
Blaster
Its the same with phpbb3. You need to have an extension of .jpg .gif or some other image variation at the end in order for the img tags to work.
PGe-tips
Bondings wrote:
I guess this is due to the forum software (phpBB2) we use, so you'll need to use the longer url unfortunately.

But you'll earn more points as it seems ... takes a bit longer to create though