FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

FIRE FOX 4.0 beta 7

debjitbiswas
I like this do you like this or unlike this?

but first please download.

Idea Idea Arrow

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/beta/
tamilparks
i like this, its more fast than internet explorer
silverdown
Faster then IE? IM gonna have to try this, Ever since I upgraded from WIN XP to WIN 7 i been using the IE browser.

UPDATE (11/30/2010)
It really aint that bad, i mean it still kinda slow depending on how fast the site/server your seeing the info for but it is alot better then IE Exclamation
Navigator
Is it ready for prime time yet? its a beta so I suppose it isnt, why not wait?
Ghost Rider103
Oh I quite like this version of FireFox.

They finally put the tabs onto of the address bar which is a bit more like how Chrome's interface was. I like it much better.

I'm actually considering switching from Chrome back to FireFox again. But I probably won't, lol.
kacsababa
I'm usin it for everyday browsing, although I think it's one of the most buggy released beta versions of ff4, but no big problems. Smile

The new JaegerMonkey (javascript engine) is a lot faster in this version too, although not as good as V8 (Chrome) or Carakan (Opera) yet but Mozilla starts to really closing on and the difference is not so significant anymore.
snowboardalliance
I'm finding Firefox 3.6 having a lot of slowdowns or little moments of freezing. Things like gmail that use a lot of javascript seem to cause this to happen. I'm considering switching to Chrome as my main browser, but has anyone noticed a difference with Firefox 4 (as in someone who found 3.6 slow)?
kacsababa
FF4 a lot faster then 3.x was, especially javascript (new engine) and it has gpu acceleration too.
snowboardalliance
kacsababa wrote:
FF4 a lot faster then 3.x was, especially javascript (new engine) and it has gpu acceleration too.

Very good to hear. I'll be looking forward to the final release
ralf
Firefox 4 is nice because it has a nice design and fast is. Sorry for my bad english
ankur2010
It's good...I mean the tab style and that glossy look is cooll....

never thought that mozilla will be working on its look rather they emphasize more on its working... Smile
mukesh
I like Mozila firefox beta 4.0. It is fine working but I donot like Beta Internet Explorer 9.0. Internet Explorer performance not better then Mozila beta.
kacsababa
IE9 is a big step for ms, they are following standards more then ever before it was already time for them to do that.
But I'm not gonna use IE9 beside testing purposes, not even close to that. Smile
debjitbiswas
Well sory to say i found beta 6 more compatable because its have the status bar that says how much remain to download(page)
ant with this beta the graphical unit is very slow so if improvement happend then i will thik to using it but till stop using it.
well opera need a little more graphics.
loyal
I don't think I like this minimalist approach that mozilla is copying off chrome. I mean sure it looks better than the old firefox look. But it's not what firefox is. Firefox is a powerful browser with a huge amount of plugins, etc. it's not minimalist. But i don't like that look anyway. I like having a menu with options. They could have redesigned it...

Peace.
fr3ak
loyal wrote:
I don't think I like this minimalist approach that mozilla is copying off chrome. I mean sure it looks better than the old firefox look. But it's not what firefox is. Firefox is a powerful browser with a huge amount of plugins, etc. it's not minimalist. But i don't like that look anyway. I like having a menu with options. They could have redesigned it...

Peace.

Ah, I agree with you, thought it's still very good browser. Also like latest chrome, 9.
kacsababa
@debjitbiswas: The addresses under the cursor and the progressbar displayed in the address bar now, but you can set it back to the "statusbar" too (now addonbar).
TFDiDesign
It's great! Like I say, any browser is better than IE.
welshsteve
I will be giving this a try soon. Not got round to downloading it yet.
jussisi2
I like my firefox 4 beta 8
frenz4ever
I have downloaded the beta version and used for some days it is faster and looking is also nice but all of sudden i came back to firefox 3.6 is that the plugins that i'm using for Download online videos from youtube and such site is not working and also other my plugins are not working so i'm currently using the 3.6 version.But when all my plugins are available for beta or release i will surely use that.
rjraaz
Some of my addons not work on ff4 so i have downgrade to ff3.
keyman
I gave it a try to check out WebGL, it's pretty neat but back to FF 3.6 again for now as the beta doesn't have full plugin support.

WebGL is pretty awesome! Try out Google's bodybrowser:

http://bodybrowser.googlelabs.com/

http://i.imgur.com/sbWWH.png

Anyone have other need WebGL stuff to check out?
D'Artagnan
well i kinda tryed this but since it killed firebug i had to let it go, i just got to work you know
kacsababa
Firebug has beta versions compatible with FF4 beta. They don't release a final version compatible till FF4 became final.
Navigator
kacsababa wrote:
Firebug has beta versions compatible with FF4 beta. They don't release a final version compatible till FF4 became final.

What about the Webdeveloper's toolbar? Thats another thing I use everyday, so I am not moving until they have a release.
kacsababa
Web Developer (as the Toolbar has been removed from the title) is compatible, you just have to ignore the version compatibility check.
That no longer can be done from the about:config, but you can install Mozilla's own addon: Add-on Compatibility Reporter.
Lots of addon is mostly compatible even if they are older versions and if you found something not working you can report it with this addon.
snowboardalliance
Any idea when the released version is expected to be ready? LIke is it a week or two away? a month? two months?
kacsababa
Mozilla plan to release it in february.
snowboardalliance
kacsababa wrote:
Mozilla plan to release it in february.

Great, and if I like 4, I'll stick with it. Else I'm going to try using Chrome regularly
alifax89
i have the beta 8, it's really fast!
LostOverThere
alifax89 wrote:
i have the beta 8, it's really fast!

Yeah, I'm actually quite impressed with the speed improvements between beta 7 and 8. It's much more snappy starting up, and, personally, I've noticed it's locked up far less.

Huzzah! Smile
amperx
im gonna give it a try, currently my browser is chrome, i find it really fast
FunDa
Same here. been using Chrome for a while.

Switched from firefox ~ 3.5 and never went back. Will try the latest one now
mukesh
I am using Mozilla abut 4 or 5 years. Now Mozilla 4.0 full version is available on site and this working well.
FunDa
Wow, Firefox 4 is simply awesome.

I might start using Firefox again, especially since I find better extensions for Firefox than for Chrome.

But guys and gals, take a look at Internet Explorer 9 too. They have fixed all the major problems that Internet Explorer had. Now it is a good enough default browser for most people. I still don't trust Microsoft though. Will stick to Chrome and Firefox till I find out if Internet Explorer 9 is as good as it feels like.