FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Kaspersky 2010 and TuneUp Utilities

welshsteve
Hi everyone, I have used Kaspersky in the past and was very impressed with it. It speeded up my PC which was virtually unusable before. However, I have now bought Kaspersky 2010 following my system running really slow with Comodo Internet Security (free version). But this has not had any effect and my system is still running very slow. However, I'm not sure whether the culprit is TuneUp Utilites, which came with a free licence when I bought Kaspersky. This is supposed to optimise your system, but I'm not convinced it is doing so.

Has anybody else bought these products and running them together? (PC World in the UK were running this offer) And if so, what are your experiences?

I think my laptop may be the issue also as it's old, but this very laptop was runnign Ubuntu very fast before I put Windows on it.
debjitbiswas
i found it unstable for and platforms.
restert problem.
tamilparks
i tried it but some problems is coming
menino
I'm surprised that you find kaspersky fast before.

In my past experience with kaspersky, I found it slow down the system.
Tuneup utilities speeds up your PC, but not to a great extent, unless you really know how to fine tune it.
But some of this you can do without Tuneup Utilities, like preventing unnecessary programs from starting, during startup (using msconfig).

Its possible that the engine you started with was good, but after an engine upgrade, probably that has slowed it down.
Try checking the memory and resource usage from the Processes tab, in Windows Task bar.
michael12345
both tools let my system start working all the time and allocating far too much memory and cpu power....
dude_xyx
I think the problem is running Kaspersky 2010 and Comodo internet security. Running both same time slow down the computer. Same happened to me when I was running Comodo internet security with NOD32.
menino
Running 2 antiviruses at the same time will definitely slow down the system, as there are multiple access to the files, and thereby also multiple checking of each file for confirming virus infection.

ALthough it is supposedly more safer, it is also unproductive, as it will slow downt he machine considerably.

Its better to stick to one antivirus for a while - preferably a free one initially, and probably after reading a review of the best antivirus, and checking your pockets for affordability, to buy a good antivirus which hopefully comes with a good antispyware and antimalware engine, as these are the main culprits nowadays.
welshsteve
I never said I was running both at the same time LOL, I replaced Comodo with Kaspersky. Smile My problem is although TuneUp Utilities is supposed to speed up the computer, it's actually had the opposite effect. Basically, I'm beginning to think that running these two programs together (Kaspersky and TuneUp Utilities) on a computer that's more than three years old could be the problem. It shouldn't be, but it appears to be that way.

After much messing about I've finally got Kaspersky to allow email in and out using Mozilla Thunderbird, only took two weeks for the program to finally accept Thunderbird is a safe program. Outlook worked straight away.

Maybe all the commercial software providers are making an effort to stamp out free or old software in a bid to force everyone to spend their hard earned cash!
fr3ak
welshsteve wrote:
I never said I was running both at the same time LOL, I replaced Comodo with Kaspersky. Smile My problem is although TuneUp Utilities is supposed to speed up the computer, it's actually had the opposite effect. Basically, I'm beginning to think that running these two programs together (Kaspersky and TuneUp Utilities) on a computer that's more than three years old could be the problem. It shouldn't be, but it appears to be that way.

After much messing about I've finally got Kaspersky to allow email in and out using Mozilla Thunderbird, only took two weeks for the program to finally accept Thunderbird is a safe program. Outlook worked straight away.

Maybe all the commercial software providers are making an effort to stamp out free or old software in a bid to force everyone to spend their hard earned cash!

Lol, who knows. I am facing kinda same issue. And my shutdown time on windows 7 is very long. Just trying to fix it Smile
welshsteve
I think it's my laptop to be honest. It just can't cope with Microsoft Windows (XP) anymore. Even after a complete format and re-load of the operating system, it still had performance issues. I need a windows PC so as soon as I get round (and can afford) to fix my desktop PC, I'm gonna stick Ubuntu back on the laptop. It was great when running that.
ham65
Norton Forever lol
welshsteve
ham65 wrote:
Norton Forever lol

You missed the end of your sentence off. Surely that should say "Norton forever a pain in the ****" LOL
loyal
welshsteve wrote:

I think my laptop may be the issue also as it's old, but this very laptop was runnign Ubuntu very fast before I put Windows on it.

That doesn't matter. Ubuntu is so much more lightweight than Windows, that it doesn't matter. Plus Windows quickly rots into a very slooow OS, so it doesn't matter.

Peace.
zembandi1
Ive both tried them, and i gotta admit that they sped up my laptop alot.
debjitbiswas
I uses the antivirus but it hides one of my partitions with 40gb space.
altafbhai
Tune up Utilities is good and Kaspersky is also good u should not use any other antivirus with kaspersky
ankur2010
Well... i was using the above combination in my desktop a year ago.It was working fine for me...

i think you should try some other alternatives.May be your system is getting bugged with it.!! Rolling Eyes
optin
I had a problem with kasperky before any way Ill try it to see