FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Interviewing and getting offers, now the tough decisions

snowboardalliance
So I'm a junior now working toward a computer engineering degree, I have some internship experience in software development and lots of programming experience.

I consider myself lucky, but I'm in kind of a tough position because of it.

I'm at a point where I've landed like 4 second round interviews and I'm starting to get offers before I even get a chance with the later companies. I now have to decide whether to take the job, or to wait it out and miss one opportunity for another which sounds even more challenging and interesting.

Anyone else in this position? Any advice on making these tough choices?
coolclay
Do what you think will make you happier. I would definitely not take a higher paying job if it meant more stress, or work I didn't like. But that's just me, that's probably why I have a sweet job and get paid to go snorkeling and kayaking, but don't make a ton of money!

The truth is if you have a job at all, your lucky in this economy! So I wouldn't stress to much!
deanhills
You probably would need to figure out what your objectives are. Looks as though you are still in the learning stage, so I would go for the job where you could learn the most in an area that you would like to specialize in. I would also go for a job where there is lots of training available both in-house and external.