FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Any other insomniacs who post when they can't sleep?

deanhills
I wonder whether there are other Frihosters like myself, who, when they can't sleep, do Frihost postings? I can't imagine how many times I've done allnighters when I could not sleep, and then inevitably find myself posting. Sometimes I find it a nice distraction as well, as when I am posting I get completely into the Frihost postings, so can be a good way to relax as well.
SonLight
<tongue in cheek>
On the contrary, I sleep when I can't find anything interesting to post about.
</tongue in cheek>
I sometimes post when I have extra time on my hands, but usually I don't post a lot unless I find interesting topics to post about.

I'm beginning to wonder, with the points and coins I see you are accruing, if you ever do get a chance to sleep!
deanhills
SonLight wrote:
<tongue in cheek>
On the contrary, I sleep when I can't find anything interesting to post about.
</tongue in cheek>
Laughing Laughing Good one! Must say that my experience is mostly the other way round, and particularly in the Philosophy and Religion Forum.
ProfessorY91
Definitely. It is currently 3:13 am, and I have work to do for tomorrow. Frihost is definitely one of the more fun ways to procrastinate as the night wears on. Of course, I have to justify it to myself by telling myself that I'm "just keeping my hosting alive". Yeah right, Frihost rocks.
kitsrock
I too, seem to be a nightowl.

I mean, I've certainly tried being a morning person. I succeeded, but not for long. I went as long as a week sleeping around 10 and waking up 5~6 am in the morning. But that seems to be my limit. Then, one of two things happen.

1) An event or project comes up, forcing me to sleep no earlier than 3 am, which then screws my sleeping pattern pretty badly

2) I become sleepless at night despite being extremely tired during the day.

Right now, case #2 has struck pretty hard. So here I am, posting away my sleepless night.
Bluedoll
I don't want to talk about this! Besides there is something I need to do on my 'project'. It seems me the most creative time for me is in the morning whenever that is. All night? What do you mean? It is just dark, regardless of what the clock says.
standready
I just read postings when I can't sleep because my useless mind can't express itself when all it wants is sleep.
Cheeldash
When i can't sleep i make my mind work, usually coding, but sometimes i try to learn some languages or i just read wikipedia.
adri
Nope when I can't sleep, I would never turn on my pc/laptop. I just go to the kitchen eat something, drink something and then I head straight to bed again. And if that didn't work, then I go out for a midnight stroll on the streets. Razz (Unless it's raining, than I would read some boring magazines of my sister about fashion and such) The walk is always nice (it's fun to see how everything has calmed down, no cars, no noise from machines,...) And if I'm feeling like it, I even run a little just to tire my body a little bit more. But to be honest, this happens very very very rarely because I'm a really good sleeper (I could easily sleep 10-12hours every day without having done anything really fatiguing) and I tend to go to bed on regularly times. (Mostly between 9.30 pm and 11pm)

So no, no frihosting during the night. I do tend to post more things when I am supposed of doing other things (like learning or so Razz ).

adri
Blaster
When I can't sleep it usually resorts to being on facebook. After that gets old I go to my other host. Then after thats done I'll come here. So yes sometimes when I can't sleep I find myself posting here...
william
A few years ago when Frihost was my most visited forum, I would often do just that. It was fun, there was often a lot to talk about. I do remember getting tired in the middle of a post, finishing it off and then shutting off my computer and lights and going to bed.

Nowadays, I still do that, but I tend to find myself on other forums and special interest sites. I don't really post, just read. I eventually end up falling asleep while reading. Laughing

Oh yeah, I will do other things when I can't sleep. Going to the kitchen to eat whatever I can find is one thing. Walking up and down the hall while plotting my upcoming day is another. Not to mention I'll also listen to hard rock and game a bit as well. But all in all, it is mostly reading forums.
standready
Well last night insomnia got next year's calendar (2011) pdf offering completed and posted on the website.
soljarag
nope... when i cant sleep I usually just watch TV ... if I would try to do anything like think of what to type, that would keep me awake....

Although i remember times in college when i would fall asleep writing papers... i'm sooooo glad those days are done
PGe-tips
for me the question is , when I try to go to bed ? (I don't sleep at the computer).
I don't need much sleep and when I'm gaming easily loose track of time, but posting to frihost is for me not a reason to postpone my "go to bed" moment.
The_unnamed_label
Thats what Im doing right now... not that it is of any help...
flamepjlh
deanhills wrote:
I wonder whether there are other Frihosters like myself, who, when they can't sleep, do Frihost postings? I can't imagine how many times I've done allnighters when I could not sleep, and then inevitably find myself posting. Sometimes I find it a nice distraction as well, as when I am posting I get completely into the Frihost postings, so can be a good way to relax as well.

Yes, I do not sleep well either. I find here to do postings and get a free host by the way.
Aredon
I wouldn't say it's a habit for me or anything, but that's certainly the case right now. I don't know though, I don't generally find that staring at a screen helps me when I can't sleep. Gives me a headache and makes my insomnia worse actually. Maybe I should go crash now Razz.
Bikerman
I suffer quite badly from insomnia so I frequently post at odd hours of the morning/night.
CheDragon
That happens to me a lot... I usually work on my homework or proyects, but if Iīm not in the mood I tweet xD
Aredon
I used to have a lava lamp on a timed switch that I'd turn on and stare at when I couldn't sleep. Before I knew it I'd be passed out! That I found worked a lot better than sitting at my computer, but my insomnia never has been that bad.
deanhills
Aredon wrote:
I used to have a lava lamp on a timed switch that I'd turn on and stare at when I couldn't sleep. Before I knew it I'd be passed out! That I found worked a lot better than sitting at my computer, but my insomnia never has been that bad.
Wow! I've never heard of this remedy before. I always thought these lava lamps were silly decoration tools, so at least there is one use for these rather funny lamps. Long time since I've tried to use any tool to sleep. I don't think of insomnia as a problem. If I can't sleep, I don't sleep and accept the consequences. Smile

As a rule I find the later I go to bed, the better. If I go to bed too early, then I wake up three hours after and stay awake, but if I go to bed say after midnight to 1:00 a.m., then I seem to get in a straight five to six hour stretch.
spring567
I post just when I don't know what I can do.
ChrisCh
I seem to get distracted from about 10:30pm until 2am... until I realise what the time is, and then I rush off to bed... This seems to happen pretty much every night, and it looks like it will be the same tonight - as I've been overseas, and I need to catch up on my points lol! ... Wish me luck! :p
Ghost900
I never really have trouble sleeping, the only thing I have trouble with is finding time to sleep currently.

I do most of my postings during boring college classes or during class breaks. Currently I am having trouble posting altogether though.
ProwerBot
Whenever I can't sleep the first thing I do on facebook. Pretty pathetic because that's all I do when I'm awake lolol. But posting stuff on forums is also a biggie for me when I'm trying to waste time.