FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How much do fans cost in a computer store?

sibbahz

i need a new fan for my pc but am not sure whether to get it from a computer store or online, so whats the price difference between them both?
izcool
I found that Circuit City sells case fans at a very reasonable price.

Here's what I bought from them and what would like to recommend to you :

Antec 80MM Case Fan (Clear Color) with 2 types of power adapters to either plug into the motherboard or to plug into one of your 4-pin power cables from the PSU. These you screw onto the case on wherever they fit, normally 1 or 2 in the front (air intake) and 1 or 2 in the back (air outtake). Each fan was $5.00 apiece. http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Antec-80mm-PC-Case-Fan-75000-/sem/rpsm/oid/116582/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Antec Cyclone Blower (Black Color) that hooks up to one of the 4-pin power adapters from the PSU. This fan sits in one of your empty card bays (may eat up a PCI or ISA slot, depending on what kind of room you have open) but primarily take air out of the case. Each fan was $10.00 apiece. http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Antec-Cyclone-Blower-77094-/sem/rpsm/oid/70187/catOid/-13015/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Antec is a well respected computer hardware company who makes cases, fans, and a lot of other things for custom computers. I bought similar items on eBay and they weren't as good as what Antec makes.

Hope that helps.

- Mike.
Donutey
www.newegg.com is also good
make sure you get the right size in mm
corey
Quite often, after the shipping price for many online orders, I've found that the price in the store can be around the same.
GW_Addict
sibbahz wrote:

i need a new fan for my pc but am not sure whether to get it from a computer store or online, so whats the price difference between them both?

You should specify what kind of fan you are looking for - there are many out there. This said, I have found that the best prices on most things related to computers can be found on www.pricewatch.com
dxhunter
My case has 3 original Fans Very Happy 2 120 mm. Fans and 1 80mm. Fans
And use one Blower fans very cheap I think only 4-5 $
brosta
Donutey wrote:
www.newegg.com is also good
make sure you get the right size in mm

Bought over 1300$ worth of parts from them. Great Service.
technology.sponge
theres not much difference in pricing from an online or pc store
fans are abt $25AUS in a pc store
20 bux opnline, add p&h plus time to delivery

buying froma pc store in person ia a beta option
GamingParadise
Fans cost like 5.

They are really cheap but watch it that u buy the right fan size Razz
ocalhoun
Ther'e dirt cheap: just go to http://www.pricewatch.com and you'll be sure to get the best price on whaterver your'e looking for.
Omego2K@
fans are like 1-50$ depending on what kind and the quality.
Prabhu Raj
hi,
buying a pc fan online and from a computer store makes no difference in the cost. but the service you get is delayed when u get it from the online store. when you purchase it from the regular store you get the satisfaction of choosing the right brand and the right size and u see what u r getting physically. but when u buy using the online store you cannot do these. u only see the product only when u get it. and i think it will take 5 days in general to get it.

in order to prevent the delay just go to the computer shop near ur locality.
abhinav_shah
Buying a fan from an online store doesn't make any sense to me. I normally buy computer stuff from a local store , and it's cheap compared to online stores. Also you have to check out with the warranty. Local stores normally give good and quick service as compared to online stores...
grantmaster
couple of things...

size does matter! You need to get the proper size fan for your CPU (if it is a CPU fan were talking about.)

Also, there are different quality fans. Generally I find that the fans that use bearings, will wear in short time if they are under heavy use. You can tell when they start making noise.

Lastly, if you are talking about the fan that is in your power supply, you can't replace that one, you have to buy a new power supply. Don't worry though, those are cheap too!