FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Can't access after installing Norton 360





standready
Friend of mine installed Norton 360 on her computer. Now she cannot access the internet (DSL). Worked fine before Norton. I went over and removed Norton. Still no luck accessing internet. Sadly, no restore points.
Will downloading Norton's removal tool and transferring it to her computer do the trick? Any suggestions on making Norton actually work? Thanks!
menino
Some people I know also had the same problem with Norton 360.
Some of them had to reformat their PC and use another antivirus, and some removed it completely, and then did a system restore from the point before they installed norton 360.
One solution which one of them tried and worked is to disable your network connection in network properties, and reinstall norton 360, and after that is done,reboot, and re-enable the network again... hopefully this may work for you.
standready
Thank you, menino, for the advice. Yes her network was open when she installed plus she did not close countless programs running (taskbar). I wish she had called me before she even opened the package.
I have never used Norton myself (McAfee now AVG). I found it strange that complete removal requires a "special" outside the normal uninstall routine.
I will post the results after I get another shot at her computer later today.
In the meantime, any more suggestions?
Bikerman
standready wrote:
Thank you, menino, for the advice. Yes her network was open when she installed plus she did not close countless programs running (taskbar). I wish she had called me before she even opened the package.
I have never used Norton myself (McAfee now AVG). I found it strange that complete removal requires a "special" outside the normal uninstall routine.
I will post the results after I get another shot at her computer later today.
In the meantime, any more suggestions?

It is actually pretty standard with a-virus software to have a 'remove completely' routine which is not part of the original distribution. Obviously you would not want it to be too easy for a user to disable/remove virus protection from a computer (I certainly wouldn't - my students would have a field-day if they could).
standready
Now I am really confused. Used the Norton removal tool so it is gone. Still cannot get Internet Explorer to find server but did download windows updates. Clicked add/remove programs to delete IE, restarted computer, IE is still there! Went back into add/remove programs and no IE is available.
So, I installed Google Chrome from my flashdrive. Chrome can not find a server either. Brought her laptop to my house and connected to my DSL and still can't find server.
Any thoughts? Did Norton change some setting somewhere?
FunDa
standready wrote:
Now I am really confused. Used the Norton removal tool so it is gone. Still cannot get Internet Explorer to find server but did download windows updates. Clicked add/remove programs to delete IE, restarted computer, IE is still there! Went back into add/remove programs and no IE is available.
So, I installed Google Chrome from my flashdrive. Chrome can not find a server either. Brought her laptop to my house and connected to my DSL and still can't find server.
Any thoughts? Did Norton change some setting somewhere?



Internet Explorer never really goes away completely. It is part of Windows.

Since automatic updates can still download, that means the internet connection is fine. So, the other programs are blocked.

Maybe they have to be unblocked from the firewall. Norton may have added only the windows updates to the firewall. Look at W#indows firewall and disable it.

Also look for the hosts file

(usually in c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts)
If the hosts file has lots of entries, remove them all except for the first one which says localhost.
That is another method used by some programs to block malicious sites.

If it still doesn't work, but automatic updates work, then I don't know how to proceed further Confused
menino
Yes Norton 360 does some registry changes also, which couldn't be figured out at the time, and therefore only either a system restore fixes it, or a reinstall of os - if you can figure it out from the registry, I think this would be great for you, but I'm not an expert, to know which way to go from here.

It is weird that Norton 360 does this... and I think it happened after one of the updates.

Now, if you have windows updates being accessed, perhaps, yes, it may be the hosts file, or maybe some group policy security settings?
menino
menino wrote:
Yes Norton 360 does some registry changes also, which couldn't be figured out at the time, and therefore only either a system restore fixes it, or a reinstall of os - if you can figure it out from the registry, I think this would be great for you, but I'm not an expert, to know which way to go from here.

It is weird that Norton 360 does this... and I think it happened after one of the updates.

Now, if you have windows updates being accessed, perhaps, yes, it may be the hosts file, or maybe some group policy security settings?


Hey standready, hopefully this below link has the solution, although it mentions NAV, perhaps it may be of help to you, before you reinstall the system
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/8d071816eedd7cac88256c0e005a96e5/751c3298ab99cf7188256d34006702e2?OpenDocument

main contents are as follows :-
Quote:
Situation:
After you uninstall Norton AntiVirus (NAV) and restart the computer, you are not able to connect to the Internet.

Solution:
This can happen if the uninstall process fails and leaves behind a Symantec registry value. Do the following to fix the problem:
WARNING: We strongly recommend that you back up the registry before you make any changes to it. Incorrect changes to the registry can result in permanent data loss or corrupted files. Modify only the keys that are specified. Read the document How to back up the Windows registry for instructions.

1. Click Start > Run. The Run dialog box appears.
2. Type regedit and then click OK. The Registry Editor opens.
3. Navigate to and select the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\DHCP
4. Double-click the DependOnService value in the right window.
5. Delete the SYMTDI entry from the list of items.
6. Click OK.
7. Click Registry, and then click Exit.
8. Restart the computer.


hope it works!
standready
It works! Thank you for the help. Abby says thank you as well! She still wants to use the Norton. I told her to backup her docs and set a "restore point" before attempting and to close all those items running in the taskbar before trying to installing again.
Still have not figured out why Norton had killed the browser access.
Fire Boar
standready wrote:
She still wants to use the Norton.


Correct this sentiment immediately. Seriously, Norton is useless, she's better off without any anti-virus software at all: same level of protection, less clutter and lag.
standready
Fire Boar wrote:
standready wrote:
She still wants to use the Norton.


Correct this sentiment immediately. Seriously, Norton is useless, she's better off without any anti-virus software at all: same level of protection, less clutter and lag.


I agree with you one hundred percent, I tried telling her that before she wasted her money. There are so many other great choices out there, many costing nothing.
fate_merchant
When I used to run Windows (it's been a couple of years since I did that), I often noticed that the commercial virus software frequently behaved like a virus.

The best software I used, however, was the free edition of AVG, though I think the best bet is to simply burn an ISO of Ubuntu onto a CD and try it as a live CD on your system. You can do this without damaging Windows at all, and you can also use it to recover files from a crashed hard drive.

I suggest you then install that while totally formating your hard drive and thus dumping Windows, but you can still try a Linux Live CD without installing.

If you do install Linux, just start your firewall and leave the viruses to Windows users. Seriously.

So - my opinion - switch to Linux.

If you don't want to do that, then download and start the free edition of AVG:

http://free.avg.com/us-en/homepage
Related topics
change the WHM skeleton
PHP Toturail
Quick Q :: Anyone stripped WinXP down to bare basics?
(official) Firefox & Thunderbird 1.5 Beta2 Now Available
Help Please
Windows XP Tricks & Tips!!!!
Norton Save and Restore 2.0
Confused when installing Unbuntu (close)
Norton 360
after installing drupal memory error
after installing drupal memory error
need a good antivirus
how to completely uninstall norton 360
Laptop Overheating just after installing Windows 8.1 Pro
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Computers -> Computer Problems and Support

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.