FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

recked
Anyone get this? I dont want to pick it up this week because I know it's going to be a hassle. I heard it's suppose to be as big as MW2 which I don't doubt because after Call of Duty series does have an "up there" reputation.

Let me know if any of you picked up and want to share your opinion.
mrjobby
I've played it a bit. Its looks really cool. To bad you cant play co ops, but the good thing is Nazi zombies :p

I havent played it online yet but will do that sooner or later
Plaintiff
When playing online maybe u will have a big lagg!

One of the problems are wrong graphic settings!

Go to setting---> Graphics---> sync every frame ----> This must be turned off!

This will be patched soon!

At all a great game!
Flakky
I don't think I am going to play this yet. I am not yet convinced. If you look at what Infinity Ward has done in the past I would instantly buy it but as IW has changed a lot since I think that there is a chance they are leeching off the name. I'll play it at friends first.
tingkagol
Well, this was developed by Treyarch, not Infinity Ward.
weableandbob
I bought it for PC, but I kind of regret it. The gameplay is fun, but singleplayer crashes anytime I try to start a game, and multiplayer throws all sorts of fatal errors.
Plaintiff
weableandbob wrote:
I bought it for PC, but I kind of regret it. The gameplay is fun, but singleplayer crashes anytime I try to start a game, and multiplayer throws all sorts of fatal errors.

A fatal error is caused by a bad videocard, did u already tried canyourunit ?
[url]cyri.systemrequirementslab.com[/url]
c'tair
I'll wait and get it for Christmas. Then me and my older Bro will be able to play it in our free time.
QrafTee
It is like Modern Warfare 2, with a World at War game handling feel to it (no surprise because it was developed by Treyarch) and millions of people will get it just because... it's a Call of Duty shooter title.
Flakky
Oops, my bad. I thought this release was from Infinity Ward.
JohnnyCash
I picked this up on release day, I've got to say I'm extremely disappointed. It was nowhere near ready for release in my opinion. The campaign was short (I know most COD campaigns are short, but this tops the cake) and the guns in multiplayer are extremely under powered. It takes a good full clip to take someone down.
JohnnyCash
Plaintiff wrote:
weableandbob wrote:

A fatal error is caused by a bad videocard, did u already tried canyourunit ?
[url]cyri.systemrequirementslab.com[/url]

I had a few problems with my copy crashing as well but I read in activisions forums that if you set your screen resolution to 1280x960 it will take care of it. It seemed to work for me, although i still get the occasional crash.
shinodan
Been playing black ops for about a week, and personally i love it.

If your fimillar with the cod series then you may know what i mean when i say black ops is faster paced than its predicessor, i love the cross bow, and i love that you can fly a Hind helicopter.

You also get to ride a harley in campaign whilest capping fools.

Theres a really cool easter egg mini game, it reminds me of smash TV for the sega mega drive back in the day, but its 3d, and you get LOADS of guns and cool things to just mash zombies up with.

Good game man, good game.
Flakky
JohnnyCash wrote:
I picked this up on release day, I've got to say I'm extremely disappointed. It was nowhere near ready for release in my opinion. The campaign was short (I know most COD campaigns are short, but this tops the cake) and the guns in multiplayer are extremely under powered. It takes a good full clip to take someone down.

There must be some hardcore servers around is my guess Smile
driftingfe3s
I got the game on release date but only have been able to play it a few days ago because of how hectic school has been.

I beat the single player campaign mode on normal and I'll have to say I enjoyed Modern Warfare 1 and 2's single player campaign much more than Black Ops. I felt like the story started off strong but it became pretty bland quickly.

As for multiplayer, I'm still trying to decide whether or not I like it better than Modern Warfare 2. Someone mentioned it was faster paced than MW2, but I feel the opposite. Maybe it is because I don't have many items unlocked yet. Still I can say that Black Ops multiplayer is fun and hopefully i'll grow to like it more as I become more accustomed to it.
recked
I watched my friend play this on his xbox360 and it makes me want to get it so bad, but I don' think it's worth it. Some say that MW2 was way better and that it would be a waste to pick it up. I don't like the fact that they also do not include a kill reward similar to the nuke. Although they did bring back the chopper gunner =P.
achowles
Unlike Infinity Ward's last game before they were destroyed, Treyarch does seem to have added a fair amount of content to this one. Especially when you factor in the Nazi zombies and the hidden Smash TV-like game. £40 for a game is too steep for a standard edition in my book. But at least here they're not just fleecing you like Infinity Ward did with MW2.

But what deters me from buying it is what I keep hearing about the number of performance issues and other bugs. Especially in the PC version. Also there's the fact that someone has already played through the entire Cuban part of the campaign only firing one shot (at a point where you absolutely have to). That just makes it seem too casual, like you're just along for the ride.

I suppose it's tough cutting a balance between you being some kind of super soldier doing it all yourself and having a squad do all the work for you. But this nonetheless seems to weighted towards the latter.
buildarigs
I dont why this game has problem on my rig, i've been playing COD games here before and i've never experienced any lag issue or what so ever, but when it comes to black ops i always got a low framerate. ive updated all of my drivers. still the same issue.
achowles
buildarigs wrote:
I dont why this game has problem on my rig, i've been playing COD games here before and i've never experienced any lag issue or what so ever, but when it comes to black ops i always got a low framerate. ive updated all of my drivers. still the same issue.

It's not your computer. It's the game. It's just a matter of hoping they finally get it patched up enough to be playable.
buildarigs
achowles wrote:
buildarigs wrote:

It's not your computer. It's the game. It's just a matter of hoping they finally get it patched up enough to be playable.

Yeah your right found this http://www.product-reviews.net/2010/11/16/lag-in-black-ops-cod-connection-issues/ with the same issue
Flakky
achowles wrote:
Also there's the fact that someone has already played through the entire Cuban part of the campaign only firing one shot (at a point where you absolutely have to). That just makes it seem too casual, like you're just along for the ride.

Reminds me of a Half Life 2 episode in which you should finish the game using only one bullet (to shoot a doorpad) for an achievement Very Happy

For a game like COD this is ridiculous.
There should be many points in a single campaign where you have to fight for your life or die if you don't pay attention.
I do want to play it now but still don't want to pay for it due to the negativity I hear about.

Especially since my graphics card died and I got a cheap one right now and people are complaining about performance :s
ato784
mrjobby wrote:
To bad you cant play co ops, but the good thing is Nazi zombies :p

So true.. So true.. the zombies are worth it though, Wink and the game is overall not bad, and rather fun at times. I have not played too much of it though.
cheese
This is going to be the second game I buy after I get my PS3 back(NHL 11) will be the first.

This game looks really good, and there is a lot of great reviews about it. I love how realistic it looks!
Dementei
Yo, I got the game on PC and it is pretty awesome. I enjoy the new wager matches and I usually play on hardcore mode since it's faster to get kills, but also easier to die. Anyway there's lots of new stuff in this CoD, buy it when you have the chance for any console. I recommend it.
recked
Yeah the ager matches are pretty cool. Another awesome way to win points. Never really done one yet cuz im not confident with myself yet.

The one thing they can change is remove the RC car. It's really retarded and cheatfull. I also like the new attack dogs but why as an 11 killstreak reward? haha
Dementei
recked wrote:
Yeah the ager matches are pretty cool. Another awesome way to win points. Never really done one yet cuz im not confident with myself yet.

The one thing they can change is remove the RC car. It's really retarded and cheatfull. I also like the new attack dogs but why as an 11 killstreak reward? haha

The RC car on Nuketown almost could be an exploit, no matter what you'll get a kill but still on any map..it is a bit of a nuisance. And the attack dogs yea that's quite silly to have it at 11, I think the B52 Bomber is the best except in hardcore you may get kicked and banned if you kill teammates.. or even just.. EVERYONE haha. Anyhow I recommend you try a wager match, they are really fun. I like playing One in the Chamber, where you start off with just a pistol and 1 bullet, it's one shot kill and you get a bullet every time you kill someone. Good stuff.
sum12nv
DUDE blacks ops isnt that good TT i reckon MW2 is so much better in terms of gameplay.

I play MW2 it is so much better cause the warfare is more modern and it isnt like oldern. Black ops is too old for my style.

this is just my opinion
kamran622
recked wrote:
Anyone get this? I dont want to pick it up this week because I know it's going to be a hassle. I heard it's suppose to be as big as MW2 which I don't doubt because after Call of Duty series does have an "up there" reputation.

Let me know if any of you picked up and want to share your opinion.

Well this game has a far better graphics than all the COD series earlier but its online feature is not good as COD-modern warfare 2. i have played black oops and its a very good game with realistic graphics. Very Happy
GAMESMASTER
When playing online maybe u will have a big lagg!

One of the problems are wrong graphic settings!

Go to setting---> Graphics---> sync every frame ----> This must be turned off!

This will be patched soon!

At all a great game!
evilord
thi is one of the game which i loved
ham65
my friend didn´t like it,i thinks he is not from this world kkk.

kkkk. Laughing
manyakbey
The game is beautiful.
Cod 3 than was beautiful it more.
Dementei
Pretty soon here we'll be talking about the next CoD.
Also it seems we have a new developer for CoD 8 that I haven't really heard of, they're called Sledgehammer, take a look: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/283382/news/sledgehammer-making-next-call-of-duty-game-activision-job-listing/

Quote:
Sledgehammer Games is currently at work on Call Of Duty 8, which is due to arrive next year. And a Twitter post from a studio exec has teased the very first details of what we can expect.

Studio co-founder Glen Schofield has leaked that the next Call of Duty game will feature situations encountered by real military soldiers - or at least inspired by them.

"Working w/ military guys- their stories will blow you away. Names/locations will change but some situations going in the game- real stuff!" he Tweeted today.

When will they stop? Haha, this feels like exploitation, or we all could unite and agree to not buy another CoD game? Or at least they could call it something else.. I mean come on they are on the 8TH game!